- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big thanks to everyone from IT, Release Engineering, Cloud Services, Foundation Operations, Automation, QA, Developer Services, and even some developers (way too many people to name, and probably some from departments I didn't list) who pitched in the latter half of this last week and over the weekend to patch and reboot servers after the glibc zero-day. Thanks for your efforts in keeping our employees, community members, and users safe!
- Very big thanks to everybody involved in our new social support program. Special thanks to Andrew, Swarnava, Daniela, Berni, Benny, Stefan and Ghaith for being super active and 100% awesome!
- Thanks to new Mozilla Hacks authors who published on Hacks in recent weeks: Tanvi Vyas, Stephanie Hobson, Kartikaya Gupta, April King, and Stuart Colville. Great posts on GA, HTTPS, APZ, CSP etc. For more than just the acronyms, you'll want to read the posts!
Monday, 22 February
- Privacy Lab at EFF, 5:30-7:30pm. Privacy From Web Tracking: A guide to how to anonymize user actions on the web. Speaker is Dave Huseby. More Info
Tuesday, 23 February
Wednesday, 24 February
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik), and
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 25 February
Building Products with Partners: Monthly Speaker Series with April Underwood of Slack
- Time: 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UTC
- Location: Mozilla SF + Air Mozilla
- Topic: Building Products with Partners: Interview with Slack VP April Underwood
Building products is complex. Building products with partners, considerably moreso. Varying missions, resources, goals, strategies and cultures pose challenges. But partnering well on products is often worth the effort. This month April Underwood, head of all product & partnerships at Slack, will draw from her experiences at Google, Twitter, Travelocity and more to help us navigate the complexities of marrying products and partnerships. She'll be interviewed by our very own Bertrand Neveux, who has built products with partners for most of his career at and leading up to Mozilla.
- Speaker: April Underwood is VP of Product at Slack, a messaging platform that has evolved into a diverse ecosystem of partners. There, she drives key growth initiatives and oversees platform products, partnerships, API integrations and developer relations. She previously worked on products for Travelocity, Apple, Google, Climate Corp (Weatherbill). Just before joining Slack, April led teams of Product Managers as Director of Product on Twitter’s fast-growing Advertising (Ads API, ads.twitter.com) and Data (Firehose, Gnip) products. She was also a PM for the Tweet Button and Twitter API, and built Twitter's Business Development team from the ground up to strike strategic partnerships with firms including Google, Microsoft, Amazon, EA, Salesforce and Adobe. And while she used to write code (and sometimes writes term sheets as an angel investor), her first love is building and leading product teams and working with engineers and designers to build and launch great products that people want to use.
- Host: Bertrand Neveux
- Questions: Submit questions for April during the event on IRC #AirMozilla.
- Hashtags: #mozSS #brantina
Friday, 26 February
Saturday, 27 February
Want to help solve the refugee crisis in Europe using your business, tech and design skills? There's a HACKTIVATION http://www.hacktivation.club this weekend in partnership with the United Nations Human Refugee Agency and Mozilla. You'll work off of white papers developed by 100+ civil society experts gathered at the Techfugees Conference in New York on Feb. 9th http://techfugees.com
There are 5/20 spots left for talented biz gurus, software engineers, and designers to build technical solutions to the refugee crisis over a weekend retreat in Bodega Bay.
Want to take part? https://hacktivation.wufoo.com/forms/hacktivation-refugee-crisis-edition/
Sunday, 28 February
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Bertrand Neveux, SF
An update on a few recent developments in our Connected Devices efforts.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Will Lachance||Engineering productivity - Performance||Automated performance testing tips & tricks||Mozilla TO (prerecorded video only)||no||video submitted to air.mozilla.org team||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Buildbot/Talos|
|Mark Surman / Andrea Wood / Denelle Dixon-Thayer||Executive Director, Mozilla Foundation / Director, Digital Advocacy + Fundraising / Chief Business and Legal Officer||Mozilla encryption campaign /||Toronto / remote / San Francisco||Yes (Andrea has slides)||Andrea will show/advance slides||mzl.la/encrypt|
|Bertrand Neveux||Building products with partners||Why this Thursday's speaker is a must-attend||Mozilla SF||no||Image||More info|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community Manager||Onboarding Engineers - Updates, and thanks.||MoTo||No||I've got nothing, but here's a picture of a happy dog if you need one.||Onboarding: Expected Outcomes.|
|Larissa Shapiro||Diversity and Inclusion||Refugee Crisis Hackathon This Weekend and Techfugees||MTV||No||No||https://hacktivation.wufoo.com/forms/hacktivation-refugee-crisis-edition/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.