- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Connected Devices
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Cloud Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Release Engineering
- 3.1.9 QA
- 3.1.10 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.11 Security
- 3.1.12 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to Nino Vranešič for keeping the app review queues to 0--your dedication to the community is an inspiration.
- Thanks to Mozilla Tech Speaker Francesco Iovine who is starting a Mozilla Tech Speaker meetup - happens tomorrow Tues March 8 in our London Mozspace! And to Elio Qoshi who is planning a Tech Speaker training event in Tirana Albania on April 2.
Monday, 07 March
Tuesday, 08 March
- First meeting of revived Add-on SDK planning meeting. We'll talk about Add-on SDK status and triage through the outstanding bugs. 10pm PST Vidyo add-ons room
Wednesday, 09 March
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Brighton ENGLAND,
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik), and
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Brighton ENGLAND,
Thursday, 10 March
Friday, 11 March
Saturday, 12 March
Sunday, 13 March
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jorge Villalobos||Add-ons||Breakthroughs in the Add-on Review Queues||Costa Rica (remote)||no||Blog post|
|Wander Costa (wcosta)||Taskcluster||Adding Taskcluster tasks to try||Brazil (remote)||no||Airmozilla||Presentation video (the talk is this video)|
|Jordan Lund (jlund)||Release Engineering||Release Promotion||Vancouver||yes||I'll provide via sharing||bug|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Grisha Kruglov||Margaret Leibovic||Toronto||Vancouver||Firefox for Android|
|Christy Tuescher||Michelle Marovich||San Francisco||San Francisco||Recruiting|
|Sharon Bautista||Madhava Enros||Toronto||Chicago (Remote)||Firefox UX - User Research|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
The first four projects to come out of the innovation process were announced on March 1st with close collaboration between marketing, product, engineering and participation, creating a “single source of truth” that anchored the media coverage and trafficked interest to the respective wiki pages. This also was the first utilization of the branding process for innovations; note that each project was introduced with “Project” in their name, and none used any branding like “Fox”, “Fire”, “(Z)illa” or “Moz”. Highlights include:
- TechCrunch: March 2nd - Mozilla tests the waters for Firefox OS IoT apps, including a Samantha-style virtual assistant
- SD Times: March 2nd - Mozilla details first round of IoT projects
- Ghacks: March 3rd - Mozilla to concentrate on four IoT projects
Wiki Updates: Marketing worked with PMs to create project abstracts and “infoboxes” for each wiki page, making the next layer of content easily consumable by media and the public. Marketing, ePM, Product and Participation continue to populate these and the related pages to ensure they’re useful, and deliver on our promise to innovate in the open.
Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
Developer events: Interested in giving a technical talk at a regional tech conference or developer event? This public calendar maintained by the Developer Relations team lists developer events based on the closing date of their calls for papers. Want to add events? Please ping Havi:
- CFP (Call-for-Proposals) calendar developer events - embed view
- ical view - CFP (Call-for-Proposals) calendar developer events