- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Developer Relations
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Cloud Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Release Engineering
- 3.1.9 QA
- 3.1.10 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.11 Security
- 3.1.12 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big thanks to Ashish Sakreen, Varun Joshi, and Njira Perci who have all recently contributed their first patch to Balrog (our update server).
- To William Quiviger who's leaving Mozilla next month. Your vision and leadership have been key for the organization during the past 8 years. Mozilla Reps, the current Participation Team, most of our local communities and many other links and bridges between staff and the volunteer community wouldn't be possible without you. Thanks!
- To the team of contributors who gave talks and represented Mozilla at FOSSASIA in Singapore this past weekend: Anivar Aravind, Ram Dayal Vaishnav, Rizky Ariestiyansyah, Robert Reyes. Big thanks!
Monday, 21 March
Tuesday, 22 March
Wednesday, 23 March
Thursday, 24 March
- The Role of a Product Manager - and Everyone Else: Monthly Speaker Series: 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET / 5:00pm UTC @ Mozilla MV + Air Mozilla
"The job of a product manager is to help your team (and company) ship the right product to your users.” Seems simple - but anyone who has worked on a product knows it’s not. At what point are you ready to ship? What is the right product? How do you know when you’ve built it? And often more complicated than it sounds: who are your users?
As an investment partner at Greylock, Josh Elman invests in entrepreneurs building social networks and platforms, mobile apps, new media, and connected devices. Before joining Greylock, Josh was the product lead for growth and relevance at Twitter, growing Twitter’s active user base by nearly 10x. Prior to Twitter, Josh worked on the platform at Facebook and led the launch of Facebook Connect. Josh was an early employee at LinkedIn and helped establish early models for user growth and launched v1 of LinkedIn Jobs. Josh also held roles leading product management for Zazzle, and product and engineering for RealJukebox and RealPlayer at RealNetworks.
Privacy Lab at GitHub 6-8pm
Friday, 25 March
Saturday, 26 March
Sunday, 27 March
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Michelle Thorne||Internet of Things initiative, Mozilla Leadership Network||Exploring the open Internet of Things||Mozilla Berlin||Yes||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1imjxdBo187rhoFSX0gMiArsmTZVS9pylx9SIYfgsjAU/edit?usp=sharing||https://blog.webmaker.org/exploring-the-internet-of-things-with-mozilla and https://github.com/MozillaFoundation/iot/issues|
|Will Lachance||Engineering productivity - Performance||Platform Engineering Operations Project of the month: Perfherder||Mozilla Toronto||Yes||http://wlach.github.io/blog/2016/03/platform-engineering-project-of-the-month-perfherder/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jonathan Turner||Aaron Turon||SF office||SF office initially||Rust|
|Kunal Agarwal||Susan Chen||San Francisco||San Francisco||Business Affairs|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Developer Relations at Mozilla Monday, March 21, 2016
After a week of people being on the road, a brief respite. Much planning and writing happening.
Things of Note:
- Jen recommends watching the movie Code: Debugging the Gender Gap (trailer)
- Dan put up a view of the DevAdvocacy bugs, that will evolve into our feedback dashboard.
- PSA: Scratchpad being considered for removal from the Firefox Developer Tools. Read the discussion.
- Welcome https://twitter.com/slsoftworks Flaki] to his first week of pushing all things Firefox, web API and Mozilla event presence through the mozhacks Twitter account.
Planning: OpenIoT San Diego, Tech Speakers Phase 2, Team Website meetup in NY, London (team, volunteers, tech speakers)
Events / Talks / Meetups / Trainings
- Potch and Belén were at GDC, where more people are aware of the work we’re doing and we had sweet MozVR cardboard viewers.
- Rabimba was in NYC teaching at Innovation HS in Harlem about A-Frame for three days, our first experiment in sending Tech Speakers to engage early tech education programs. Photo and slides and more slides.
- Filed by team in the last 7 days: https://bit.ly/devrel-filed-7d
- A WebAssembly Milestone: Experimental Support in Multiple Browsers
- Trainspotting: Firefox 45
- Developer Edition 47 – User agent emulation, popup debugging and more
- Upcoming CFPs http://bit.ly/mozdevrel-cfps
- Tech Speakers appearances - http://bit.ly/moz-tech-speaker-cal
- Staff speaking appearances - http://bit.ly/moz-staff-devrel
- Community and Reps events - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/events/