- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Tech Speakers Daniele, Eugenio, Boris, Elio, Felipe, Ram, Rizky, Bob, Nikita, Shagufta who've been speaking, and running workshops in Italy, India, Brazil, Greece, India, Japan, Spain & beyond!
Monday, 11 September
Tuesday, 12 September
Wednesday, 13 September
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Nürnberg (GERMANY) (18:00-20:00 GMT+2),
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
and check out the Slack or IRC: https://indieweb.org/discuss
- Nürnberg (GERMANY) (18:00-20:00 GMT+2),
Thursday, 14 September
- Monthly Speaker Series: Measuring the Subjective: The Performance Dashboard with Estelle Weyl
- Location: Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla
- Time: 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UT
- Topic: Measuring the Subjective: The Performance Dashboard
Firefox 57: a new look, a new engine. And fast. Because performance is critical.
But what does that mean? While performance is often seen a table stakes for software - it must be the best, and must continually improve - amazingly, no objective universal metric for performance exists.
Drawing on results from a speed perception study and years of teaching & following web development best practices, Estelle Weyl will help us craft a useful definition of performance, unpack the difference between Speed Performance and Perceived Speed Performance, and show how we can leverage available performance tools to improve the user experience, ultimately getting the best ROI of our performance efforts.
Friday, 15 September
Saturday, 16 September
Sunday, 17 September
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Melissa Romaine||Network Manager, Advocacy||Copyright reform in the EU (and Mozilla's work on the issue)||No||Potch, please screenshare https://changecopyright.org/en-US/||https://changecopyright.org/en-US/|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The MinIT!||MTV||No||n/a|| 1. Event boards now have email address of scheduler |
2. Piloting the ability to cancel meetings from event boards
3. Shopping cart improvements to The Hub! Quick orders, multiple items, save as a bundle- see https://mozilla.service-now.com
4. We had 278 people visit MozPDX for the TechCrawl! Portland loves Mozilla!
|Faramarz Rashed||Director of Advanced Development||Emerging Technologies Update||MTV||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/EmergingTechnology#September_11th.2C_2017|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||no||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap/Updates#2017-09-11|
|Maria Popova||Product Manager||Firefox iOS 9.0 demo||SF||No||n/a|
|Alex Davis||Product Manager||FxA/Synx Update||MTV||No||n/a|| All Platforms |
|Kait Gaiss||PM at Pocket||Pocket Update||Pocket SF||No||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1BtRO6CmpHJxJL1wBTDB0SrzmFa-2q4t-L6Y3XcmJ4Xs/edit?usp=sharing||N/A|
|Mike Hoye||Planet Mozilla info||Toronto|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Vyas Swaminathan||Shyam Mani||MTV||MTV||Manager, Data and Analytics|
|Leif Oines||Alex, PM of FxA+Sync||MTV||Denver||Product Analyst, FxA + Sync + Lockbox teams|
|Greg Fodor||Lars Bergstrom||MTV||MTV||Engineering Manager, Social VR/AR|
|Robert Long||Greg Fodor||MTV||MTV||Software Engineer, VR/AR|
|Kevin Lee||Greg Fodor||MTV||MTV||Software Engineer, VR/AR|
|Jim Conrad||Greg Fodor||MTV||MTV||Designer, VR/AR|
|Marshall Quander||Greg Fodor||MTV||MTV||Software Engineer, VR/AR|
|Dom D'Aniello||Greg Fodor||MTV||MTV||Software Engineer, VR/AR|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (link), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.