- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- Watch at https://mzl.la/project-meeting-2020-03-23 or anonymously at https://air.mozilla.org. Watch live in the Hubs 3D space (in browser) at https://hubs.mozilla.com/1rNht23/hubs-commons/. You can also watch on the Mozilla YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiO8qHdh90.
- join #weekly-project-call on irc.mozilla.org or Slack for backchannel discussion
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Zoom video chat 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Presenters only: Zoom Meeting ID: 828 817 988 https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/828817988. Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- One-tap mobile
- +16465588656,,828817988# US (New York)
- +17207072699,,828817988# US
- Dial-in by your location
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 720 707 2699 US
- 877 853 5257 US Toll-free
- +61 2 8015 2088 Australia
- +61 8 7150 1149 Australia
- 1800 893 423 Australia Toll-free
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +33 1 8288 0188 France
- +33 7 5678 4048 France
- 0 805 082 588 France Toll-free
- +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
- +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
- +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
- 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
- +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
- +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
- +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
- +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
- 0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
- 1 Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
Weekly Project Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live status meeting.
- Big shout out to our Mozillians in Baia Mare Romania for organizing a Test Party for WebCompat.
- We are right in the middle of the elections for 4 spots in the Reps Council. Good luck to all the nominees! Follow up with all details here.
- The Add-ons Team would like to introduce Zhengping (mirefly on Github) as our newest Friend of Add-ons! Zhengping helped drive our add-ons code manager project forward and continues to help keep our add-ons platforms running smoothly. You can read more about him on the Add-ons Blog. Thanks for all of your wonderful contributions, Zhenging!
Monday, 23 March
Tuesday, 24 March
Wednesday, 25 March
Thursday, 26 March
- Speaker Series - Three waves of open source voice: how do we shape the voice landscape over the next 5 years?, with Kathy Reid
- Time: Noon PT / 3:00pm ET / 10:00pm UT (and 6:00 AM Friday AEDT)
- Location: Broadcast on Airmo, on Youtube, and in Hubs in VR and archived for later watching by NDAd Mozillians on Airmo.
- Topic - Kathy Reid, former President of Linux Australia Inc, former Director of Developer Relations at Mycroft AI, and current Master of Applied Cybernetics student at the 3A Institute at Australian National University, will discuss her work exploring the assessment of open source projects, and particularly open source voice products. In this presentation, Kathy Reid outlines a three-wave approach to open source voice, highlighting where it has come from, the current state of play, and several possible arcs that it could follow. While this talk focuses on Voice, the research approach, the understandings of the ecosystem and the process of open source project assessment have relevance across Mozilla.
Friday, 27 March
Saturday, 28 March
Sunday, 29 March
Later Events and Available Tickets
Mozilla DevRel Complimentary Tickets
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update):
Our DevRel Sponsorship team sometimes receives complimentary tickets to share with Mozillians interested in attending the following events. Please fill out this form Ticket RequestForm . If you have questions, reach out to the DevSponsorship Team at email@example.com for more details.
Below is a list of events Mozilla is supporting, with current status updates. Some are being postponed, some cancelled and some undecided at present. The DevRel Team will continue to update as the situation changes.
beyond tellerrand // DÜSSELDORF Dusseldorf | POSTPONED
Write the Docs, Portland Portland | 2020-05 03-05 - POSTPONED
Smashing Conference, Austin Austin | 2020-06-09
REFACTR.TECH 2020 Atlanta, GA | 2020-08 12-14
beyond tellerrand // BERLIN Berlin | 2020-09-07
Smashing Conference, Freiburg Freiburg | 2020-09-07
Write the Docs, Prague Prague | 2020-09 15-17
Smashing Conference, New York New York | 2020-10-20
beyond tellerrand // MUNICH Munich | 2020-11-02
Smashing Conference, San Francisco San Francisco | 2020-11 10-11
Mozilla Sponsored Developer Events
Current list of Mozilla sponsored developer events (with their start dates) around the globe (DevRel Events team will update) - for more details about each event please visit our Developer Portal
🎡 IndieWebCamp London 2020 | 03/14/20 - 03/15/20 | London, England - REMOTE PARTICIPATION ONLY
CSS Conf Colombia | 03/21/20 | Medellín, Colombia
PerfMatters Conference 2020 | 03/31/20 - 04/02/20 | Redwood City, CA USA - ONLINE ONLY
JS Kongress Munich | 04/15-16/20 | Munich, Germany POSTPONED
Mozilla x Bit Web of Things Workshop | 04/23/20 | Davis, CA POSTPONED
beyond tellerrand // DÜSSELDORF | 04/27-29/20 | Dusseldorf POSTPONED
Write the Docs, Portland 2020 | 05/03-05/20 | Portland, US POSTPONED
200 OK | 5/15/20 | Tulsa, OK, USA CANCELLED
Tech Interior 2020 | 05/23/20| Jaboticabal, São Paulo, Brazil
Rustfest, Utrecht | 06/06-07/20 | Utrecht, The Netherlands
Smashing Conference, Austin 2020 | 06/9-10/20 | Austin
CSS Day | 06/11-12/20 | Amsterdam, Netherlands
⛰ IndieWeb Summit 2020 | 06/27/20 - 06/28/20 | Portland, Oregon, USA
Halfstack | 07/03/20 | Newquay, UK
Game Devs of Color Expo | 07/10-11/20 | New York, US
REFACTR.TECH 2020 | 08/12-14/20 | Atlanta
Halfstack | 08/14/20 | New York, US
Smashing Conference, Freiburg 2020 | 09/7-8/20 | Freiburg, Germany
beyond tellerrand // BERLIN | 09/7-10/20 | Berlin
Halfstack | 09/18/20 | Vienna, Austria
Halfstack | 10/19/20 | Tel Aviv, Israel
Smashing Conference, New York 2020 | 10/20-21/20 | Freiburg, Germany
beyond tellerrand // MUNICH | 11/2-4/20 | Munich
Smashing Conference, San Francisco 2020 | 11/10-11/20 | San Francisco
Halfstack | 11/20/20 | London, UK
Halfstack | 12/11/20 | Charlotte, US
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jared Wein||Staff Software Engineer||Firefox Weekly Update||Remote||no||n/a||2020-03-23|
|Daria Loi||Head of Product Design, Emerging Technologies||Emerging Technologies Weekly Update||Remote||no||n/a||March 23rd, 2020|
|Andy Kochendorfer||Streaming Solutions Architect||Weekly MinIT||Remote||no||n/a|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|