Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am Pacific, and Thursday at 2:00pm Pacific
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
Previous meeting notes at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2013-02-05
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 RelEng
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Metrics (Thu)
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- akeybl to file bug about moving flash blocks to 20 and up
- 839232 – On 2/13, move pre-release CTP blocks to Firefox 20 and up
- KaiRo to file bug about counting install times (unique users)
- akeybl to line up a hotfix around disabling pdf.js, just in case
- 839239 – Need to prepare a hotfix for pdfjs.disabled, targeting FF19 (all platforms)
- FF18.0.2 (mobile) is out the door
- FF19.0b5 (desktop) is going out today, mobile goes out ?
- FF19.0b6 go will be sent Monday
- FF19.0 sign-offs are NEXT Wednesday (re: zombie calendar from yesterday)
- [akeybl] Do we have a bug on file for the production version of bug 830886 (10.0.whatever->17.0.3)? Yes, bug 802167 (config setup prior to release start, autogenerated updates)
- now have a rebuilt gcc to lower system requirements for ESR17 again (bug 827354), which would let us switch the build environment to the more modern setup. Any objections to moving forward with this for ESR 17.0.3 ?
- yes, defer until after 17.0.3 ships, change for deps builds be able to revert in case of chemspill prior to scheduled 17.0.4. QA to test
- Working on an add-on to make it easier to manage the Click-to-Play domain whitelist: https://github.com/jvillalobos/CTP-Manager. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=839145
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=572011 is a topcrash with a trunk patch, hope to see this uplifted.
- No special concerns at this time.
- [akeybl] any updates around the volume for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836263
- The spike of that one seems to be over, probably due to their mostly speculative update
- The main Norton 2012 crash seems to be going down in yesterday's data, as well as another one from that version (they released the update two days ago).
- "The Facebook crash" 806820 itself is solved with the 831626 fix and 18.0.2 release.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=838835 is a new crash probably caused by the 831626 fix, but much lower volume and interestingly 18.0.2-specific.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=833313 is a new crash from a library bundled with Babylon
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=838603 (blocklist-caused startup crash) overshadows everything else on mobile right now.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812881 (libsomxcore.so) is rising somewhat on release and beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752828 (startup, database is locked) continues to be quite high on 18 release.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=823236 (mozilla::layers::ShmemYCbCrImage::IsValid) is another concern on beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=827171 continues to be a concern on Aurora.
- bug 836236 Crash in _ZThn184_N22nsComboboxControlFrame15GetRollupWidgetEv
- unsuccessful attemtps to reproduce, smichaud believes it will be fixed by
bug 682208 and bug 837047 and that there's nothing more we can do
- On my radar, will check after the meeting
- bug 820379 crash in mozilla::dom::CanvasRenderingContext2D::GetImageDataArray
- bug 838549 pdf.js the document is once loaded but afterwords it disappears
- bug 830278 Printing selections in pdf.js don't work and can cause OOM errors in large PDFs
- bug 738967 pdf.js doesn't work for embedded PDFs
- bug 839096 Searching for consecutive words is broken in pdf.js
Nothing major to report, everything is looking stable
- Thanks to jorgev for picking up https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=839145 (add-on for enterprises to whitelist domains)
- Review of gfx blocklisting: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=838845