Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am Pacific, and Thursday at 2:00pm Pacific
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
Previous meeting notes at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2013-01-31
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 RelEng
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Metrics (Thu)
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- Firefox 18.0.2 planned to be released ~ afternoon PT
- Firefox beta 5 is expected to get the "go" this evening
- Beta 5 will be released before the end of this week
- Beta 6 will go Monday evening
- Bug 836263 - Crash in AppendUTF8toUTF16 or AppendUTF16toUTF8 with Giant Savings.
- Need updated crash stats to figure out if the new release fixed the problem.
- Moving Flash CTP currently on beta to 20 and up
- May block further Flash CTP rollout on 825035 – Blocklisted click-to-play notification only fades in/out once per window per session in FF19
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837835 is filed on investigations around empty crashes being higher in volume than previously across channels
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837288 is a regression from a patch that has been uplifted to Aurora, #13 over the last 3 days.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787158 has risen in volume and is now #11 over the last 3 days.
- bug 806820 looks fixed on 19.0b4
- pre-release 18.0.2 data has no surprises
- Norton Confidential 2012 crashes are trending down (bug 783369)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836263 is a relatively new topcrash across all channels, Crossrider pushed an update that may help with this.
- bug 837373 (startup, isLargeFavicon) is #1 on 19.0b4
- fix already pushed to beta.
- bug 812867 (startup, Bitmap.checkWidthHeight) is #2 on 19.0b4
- fix already pushed to beta
Aurora & Nightly
- bug 827171 (nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::OnStartRequest) is #1 in Aurora 20.0a2 and Nightly 21.0a1
- bug 834243 - crash in mozilla::layers::LayerManagerOGL::Initialize with abort message: "We need a context on Android"
- [ashughes] I will be triaging PDF.js bugs later today for potential blockers, to be raised no later than Thursday's channel meeting
No update - main focus right now is MWC
USR for FF18 this week Continued monitoring of CTP feedback and pdf.js
- For beta 5, we're still watching:
- 825035 – Blocklisted click-to-play notification only fades in/out once per window per session
- 837371 – crash in nsContainerFrame::BuildDisplayListForNonBlockChildren mainly with AMD Radeon HD 6xxx series
- 837845 – Memory leak when using regular expressions
- 815542 – crash in IncrementalCollectSlice
- We're going to backout bug 812393 instead
- 835280 – IME shouldn't be committed at activating composing window
- likely wontfix for FF19, given IME is sensitive code and
- akeybl to file bug about moving flash blocks to 20 and up
- KaiRo to file bug about counting install times (unique users) - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=838251
- akeybl to line up a hotfix around pdf.js