Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
calixte, marco, lizzard, ritu, andrei, ryanvm, marcia, lmandel,cornel, iulia,mtabar,ninu,mihaip,sorina,bogdan,carmen,cristi, gchang,asimonca, philipp
- go-live date pushed out by a week from Nov 8th -> Nov 15th
- RC mode starts on Oct 31st & we remain in code freeze mode for two weeks.
- RC builds will be pushed on an as-needed basis.
- Merge day pushed out by a week
- We will also align ESR45.5 go-live date.
overall rate: 6.28 (browser 1.72, content 4.56)
- Top crash in Aurora is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294903 - COIDTable::ThreadCleanup
overall rate: 1.09 (browser 0.90, content 0.19)
- stability level on par/approaching where we were at the end of the 49 beta cycle
- spike from nvidia graphics driver dlls & std::list<T>::clear | CDeviceChild<T>::~CDeviceChild<T> are gone in beta 10 (without any obvious patch landing for it)
- beta 10 also not affected by pgo-dependant cpu specific crash patterns:
- amd: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1312270
- intel: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1296630
- there are precautions being taken to identify those systems during update pings in order to be able to do damage control in case an upcoming dot-release might be affected by this - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1311515
- Mac still has signature issues: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?platform=Mac%20OS%20X&product=Firefox&version=50.0b10
- Filed new A/V Playback bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1313333
Overall rate: 0.95 (browser 0.77, content 0.19) (ADI) 6.98 (usage hours)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1290403 is top browser crash after OOM|Small and No Minidump Header
- Top crasher continues to be https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1309236
- Uptime crashes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2016Q4#2016-10-27_-_kanru
- Some Websense crashes on Trunk: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1313085
- necko team is actively looking into a top startup crasher on android: nsNSSComponent::nsNSSComponent - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1301407
- not sure if a fix will be ready in time for 50, maybe 50.1 instead
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Florin] I'll be on vacation between Nov 1st and Nov 10th (back in office on the 11th) - people to contact:
- Desktop - Andrei Vaida and Cornel Ionce
- Mobile - Ioana Chiorean
- Ondemand Update tests - Andrei Vaida, Rail Aliiev, Mihai Tabara
- New features picked up: Skia Content for Windows (1186552), Downloads Panel (950058, 1289139).
- First-party-isolation (1299996) is also planned to ride Fx52 -- we're syncing there with Kamil.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Mid-Aurora feature sign offs completed.
- Testing on layout.show_previous_page telemetry experiment has been completed, we're currently following up with Dominik on a few potential issues (nothing blocking).
- The once-per-cycle WebRTC sign off is currently underway -- should be done tomorrow.
- Aurora Testday planned for tomorrow, focused on new features, see: http://tinyurl.com/zauaj4w.
- Pre-Release feature sign offs are underway, everything green so far. Simplify Page (962433) will not go through this process, since its milestone has already been changed to Fx51.
- Testing on Sign-in Unblock, Device Manager and Apps/Service Manager has been completed, no blockers identified.
- New feature found at the last minute: Directory Uploading (1188880). We won't be able to sign it off properly at this point, but regression testing is already in progress for it, see: http://tinyurl.com/z2b2hlk.
[Mihai Ninu] We signed off the Beta 10 last Tuesday with no major issues. [Mihai Ninu] As discussed last week, the HLS feature is under discussion if it should be released or not with this beta, no decision taken yet. QE proposes it should be kept under Aurora flag until some of the major issues are fixed. [Mihai Pop]
- Yesterday I've had the Kickoff Meeting with the Taipei team for the Presentation API feature - Bug 1184036 - meta bug
- It's set to Target Milestone 52, but has not landed yet in Nightly
- I would recommend to postpone this at least to Firefox 53, since Nightly 52 will merge to Aurora next week
- Bug 1313368 - [Presentation API] Fennec stalls when trying to load a page - critical bug
- This could be something we can include in the Nightly52 -> Aurora52 merge criteria
- Will share plans for 50.1.0 on r-d ML soon (this week).
- 47.0.2 planned for early next week
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)