Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Previous Actions
- 4 Schedule Update
- 5 = Stability
- 5.1 Aurora
- 5.2 Beta
- 5.3 Release
- 5.4 Nightly
- 5.5 Mobile
- 5.6 Performance (Thu)
- 5.7 QE
- 5.8 RelEng
- 5.9 Marketing/Communications
- 5.10 User Advocacy
- 5.11 Roundtable
- 5.12 Special Topics
- 5.13 Actions
RyanVM, jcristau, sylvestre, jlorenzo, marco, ritu, marcia, nicole, philipp,Petruta, Florin, Andrei, Cristi, Iulia, Timea,Ninu, blassey, Oana
- 52.0b2 shipped tuesday
- 52.0b3 gtb later today
- system add-on for hsts priming shipped to release
- Not too much new to report since Tuesday
awsy rate: 1.01 (browser 0.75, content 0.26)
[philipp] 52.0b2 - crash rates 25% higher than at the end of 51b cycle
- startup crash in BaseThreadInitThunk still high and increasing since beta 1: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (8.3% of browser crashes)
- have a reproducible case for the same signature with a particular 3rd-party program at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1335080 (this won't cause the bulk of crashes we see though)
- (regression) shutdownhang in nsThread::nsChainedEventQueue::GetEvent https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1329966 (4.9% of browser crashes)
- some leads in the bug, but it is stale for the past 2 weeks
- (regression) crash in @0x0 | _GetWindowIcon https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1331270 (2.3% of browser crashes)
- crash took off after the january win patchday - bug needs investigation
- (regression) Crash in nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::GetInterfaceGlobal https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1334080 (7.6% of content crashes)
- (regression) Crash in @0x0 | nsTimerImpl::Fire https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323804 (5% of content crashes)
awsy rate 0.90 (browser 0.61, content 0.29) [marcia]
- mozilla::layers::CompositorD3D11::BeginFrame signature increased in 51 (1% of browser crashes)
- Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333987 has been fixed in another bug, so the crash rate should go down
- Latest Project Uptime crashes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1#2017-01-31_-_jchen
- Nothing much new since Tuesday's channel meeting. Tablet crashes on release seem to have stabilized a bit since we started blocking devices.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- HSTS Priming system add-on (51.*) green on release-sysaddon channel - report: https://bugzil.la/1335224#c9.
- [Ritu] No testing required for this on beta.
- New feature picked up directly in Aurora 53 - Implement support for WebM Alpha - https://bugzil.la/944117.
- A draft test suite has been added for Geolocation per https://bugzil.la/1333783 -- see: https://goo.gl/9jWpVo -- engineering's review would be helpful. Not sure who to ask, though.
- [RyanVM] Start with Michelangelo De Simone (:mds) - [Andrei] Great! Many thanks!
- We're coordinating with Anthony Hughes on testing Compositor Process on Windows (Quantum). Currently waiting for an uplift before actually testing this on Aurora 53, see: https://bugzil.la/1335194.
- Also syncing with Chris and Rail on the XP/Vista user migration to ESR 52.
- 52.0b2-build1 signed off with no blocking issues - wiki: https://goo.gl/59EUoP | report: https://goo.gl/ZE8zjT.
- Stub Installers signed off on 52.0b2 with no blocking issues - report: https://goo.gl/gaRlcE.
- Larger features that rode the trains were tested separately to help us conduct a preliminary assessment on Beta 52.
- CSS Grid Inspector (yellow) - report: https://goo.gl/shR2Qu.
- Responsive Design Mode (90% done) - should have a report early tomorrow.
- Partner Search (95% done) - should have a report early tomorrow.
- Firefox 52 Beta 3 Testday will be held tomorrow, Feb 3rd - https://goo.gl/7ihRYJ.
- Fennec 52.0b2 - build 1 signed off with no blocking issues - https://goo.gl/62CZT4
- Finished an FxA and Sync regression suite today on windows, ios and Android https://goo.gl/51G9IZ
- Finished OMA Browsing testing:
- https://goo.gl/lGNLsE - Test Plan
- https://goo.gl/UlNeJ4 - Results
[elan] MattN continues to work on Insecure Password warning (in-content) which we are targeting 52 for. Here is the test plan, we need testing on fennec to verify that we haven't broken any form functionality (I think, I need to double check with MattN or perhaps SV can?) https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/InsecurePasswords Landings to watch uplift requests for (WIP not landed yet but upcoming)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330111 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294194 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330840
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)