Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings for archives
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
aki, erin, liz, mahe, marcia, julien, pascal, philipp, dveditz, ryan, milan, lmandel, nicole, mbest, hkirschner, ritu
- We shipped 54 beta 1 last Friday. Delays for e10s multi issues to land.
- 54b2 should go out today (desktop is ready, fennec not signed off yet)
- Turned off updates for 53 desktop on Friday because of ESR update issue (now resolved) and maybe for the nahimic issue. Updates unthrottled back to 100% around noon on Monday.
- Can we add a SUMO article and/or release note advising users of the workaround?
- We will need to ship Fennec 53.0.1 (build 2) GTB later today or tomorrow morning. Drivers are:
- Bug 1355870 - Provide a way for distributions to set a custom path to customizations (not yet landed )
- Bug 1354911 - Crash in java.lang.NullPointerException:
- Bug 1356563 - Race condition on startup that can break opening of initial/restored tabs
- Bug 1358131 - TalkBack broke with upgrade to 53.0
- Bug 1354038 - [push-apk] taskgraph: Use 'rollout' and deactivate dry-run on release (so we can control staged rollout)
- maybe ridealong, Bug 1358089 - [RTL] broken UI layout after last update
- 53 desktop status: No clear dot release driver. 3 ridealong candidates: 1356637 - nahimic block, 1358487 form validation, 1348409 window.find assertion
awsy rate: 1.88 (browser: 1.02, content: 0.86) telemetry from saturday: 6.54 (4.98 the week before, 25.13 this time last cycle)
- Rate is down slightly from what was reported last Thursday
- #3 Top crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1346518 in Accessibility is up slightly
- Nothing else of note yet
awsy rate: 0.85 (browser: 0.59, content: 0.26) telemetry from saturday: 4.63 (4.08 the week before, 4.81 this time last cycle)
- intel gpu driver (igd*.dll) crashes account for 15% of browser crashes, while they were just 1.5% in 53 beta
- filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359416
- this is how those signatures developed from 53.0b to 54.0b: http://bit.ly/2q0vGay
- (unassigned) Crashes in EnqueuePromiseReactionJob: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1347984 - 1.5% of browser crashes, 5% of content crashes
- may be a continuation of the avast crashes from 53: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1346012
- (assigned) Crashes in mozilla::MP4Demuxer::NotifyDataArrived: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357040 - 0.66% of browser crashes
- (assigned) Crashes in `anonymous namespace::wasapi_stream_start: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1358868 - 0.6% of browser crashes, 1% of content crashes
awsy rate: 0.73 (browser: 0.52, content: 0.21) telemetry from saturday: 2.99 (2.79 the week before, 3.05 this time last cycle)
- Top crashes are all on file - nothing alarming showing up
- Filed New Mac crash which is rising - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359477
- Variety of comments in the bug, needs investigation as stacks are wildly different
- Explosiveness reports shows a fair amount of activity - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-04-24/2017-04-24.firefox.53.explosiveness.html - lots of Flash related stuff flaring up
- avast related crash signatures account for 10% of content crashes:
awsy rate: 0.77 (down 40% from a week ago)
- Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1358888 spiked over the weekend and has been backed out. There is a reference in the bug that we probably need a test to catch this in the future?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359098 was filed on Fennec nightly and already fixed - related to Custom Tabs.
* release fennec top crash - 30K crashes --- Bug 1354911 - Crash in java.lang.NullPointerException:
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- screenshots status?
Does it block 54? Uplift and test in beta... will we have enough beta cycles to test? what about automated test coverage Test plan is important = the criteria needs to be updated for non-test pilot (not adequate for a Firefox feature). We need a risk analysis Peter de Haan is the official QA person for this What is the go/no-go date? Staged rollout is the plan (John Gruen has more details) 54: 6/13 (.1% of release on the 19th of June) Metrics to be monitored A few days later it will be shipped to 5% of the release
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359495 <== we need to uplift this for beta 3
- question about overall volume of crash data reported for 53 fennec is significantly lower than 52 (40%) : https://www.arewestableyet.com/longtermgraph/index.html?andrel
- some popular media related fennec crashes in 52.0 are drastically declining: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1339496 & https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1341360
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1356637 Nahimic issue.
- we can blocklist them completely, but that won't help users on 52 or 53 who still won't be able to update
- blocklisting them will mean all MSI / nahimic users will have sound volume at 50%.
- they plan to push a fix for the updater problem in mid-may, but we should still blocklist because it is a dll injection against our policy for 53 onwards.
- user impact?
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)