Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
jorge, lizzard, philipp,elan avaida,ninu,asimonca,ccomorasu,Julia, Emil, Ciprian. ioana, petruta, jlund, rail, marcia, bogdan_maris, RyanVM, carmenf,poiegas, ritu, oana
Beta 11 should go to build today and release tomorrow
- Interesting Blog Post from calixte: https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2017/05/22/try-to-find-the-patch-which-caused-a-crash/
awsy rate: 2.81 (browser: 1.19, content: 1.62) telemetry (m+c-s) from sunday: 4.83 (week before: 4.12, this time last cycle: 7.51)
- Rate down slightly from Tuesday
- New networking regression in today's build: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1367742
- #14 top crash was fixed and reopened since there are still crashes occurring: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1366812
- Mac crashes that have risen slightly:
awsy rate: 0.76 (browser: 0.54, content: 0.22) telemetry (m+c-s) from sunday: 2.90 (week before: 2.83, this time last cycle: 2.94)
- no new stability issues cropping up in 54.0b10
awsy rate: 0.70 (browser: 0.51, content: 0.19)
- Release rate continues to look very good
- Shutdown hangs dominate the top half of the explosiveness report: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-05-24/2017-05-24.firefox.53.explosiveness.html
- We pinged Microsoft regarding https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1361132, but no updates yet
- stumbled across a signature regressing in 53 when people are handling tabs with media playing: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1367686
awsy rate: 0.68 [marcia]
- Release rate looks good
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 54.0b10-build1 signed off (GREEN) - report: https://goo.gl/wMHlfU.
- Pre-Release feature sign offs are in progress - estimate of completion: May 26, eod.
- NetMonitor MVP signed off (YELLOW) - report: https://goo.gl/XH1V7R. YELLOW because of https://bugzil.la/1350969. Engineering has been aware of it for a while, the issue was reported in the pre-Beta sign off as well.
- Download Panel UX Redesign signed off (GREEN) - report: https://goo.gl/V60jTh.
- ICE TCP signed off (GREEN) - report: https://goo.gl/VIczLo.
- Fennec 54 Beta 10 all good - no major issues - released
- Testing the Date Night build atm
- Nightly 55 Signoffs will be done in 6-8 June ( we will run the usual BFTs that we did for Aurora SignOffs and Beta 4 of each cycle
- Devedition in parallel with beta 11
- [Andrei] We're going to help out tomorrow with the manual update tests as well, desktop-side (in addition to signing off the build).
- [Florin] I will be on vacation May 31 - June 9 \o/ >^. .^< !!
- Please contact the team leads or Rares Bologa (Engineering QA PM) for problems or anything urgent
- Update tests now being handled by Romania (Cornel Ionce, Bogdan Maris) and Las Vegas (Justin Williams and Stefan Georgiev are the main contacts)
- Softvision will be out of office on June 1 and June 5 (holidays in Romania).
- US holiday on May 29
- [marcia] Firefox 55 Features
- Support manifest display-standalone display mode: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Support_manifest_display-standalone_display_mode#Date:_05-19-2017 - Trello Board says we will have an update on this feature today - is there any update?
- Andreas Bovens is the new Fennec Prod Mngr
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)