Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
lizzard, jcristau, jlorenzo, RyanVM, Cristian,Ninu, Tom, Florin, avaida, oanah, bsurd, Julia, Nicole, Timea, bogdan_maris, poiegas,mboldan, dveditz
- plan to disable profile reset prompts via go faster system add-on (bug 1395564)
- we should then be able to re-enable updates
- 56.0b7 fennec released (100% update rate)
- Skipping desktop 56.0b7 beta & dev ed.
- Beta 8 build today, release tomorrow.
- Beta 9 Monday/Tues - 2nd try for the 64-bit migration.
- Mitigation plans in case Win64 migration tests have issues again?
- Widevine update / uplift to beta
- Quick review of shield studies or experiments.
- Is anything waiting for signoff or testing?
- Shield studies in flight: https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
- Nightly now has 2 builds per day. Nightly triagers will have to review both.
awsy rate: 3.28 (browser 0.89, content: 2.39)
- Crash trend is rising since Tuesday's meeting.
- New Regressions filed:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1395359 - Core/Audio Video Playback
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1395361 - Event Handling
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1395394 - Layout/Web Painting
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394873 cubeb regression has risen in volume
- Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394176 mentioned on Tuesday is resolved fixed
awsy rate: 1.14 (browser 0.84, content 0.30)
- Explosiveness Report: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-08-30/2017-08-30.firefox.beta.explosiveness.html
- Early Beta 7 data coming in
- External software affecting beta: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394550. Philipp mentioned we have blocklisted this before. Will have to watch volume in the following betas.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394359 is highly correlated to the new Flash version and has not many installs
awsy rate: 0.85 (browser 0.62, content 0.23)
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1395542 since it didn't have a bug associated with it. Present in 55/56 and 57
awsy rate: release 0.64, beta 0.81, nightly 1.79
- Mobile rate looks good across all three channels
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Nightly build validation - 2nd round of testing is in progress. Tomorrow we will send the sign-off email
- Continue work on Photon features, finalize test plans and test cases. Test plans are going to be sent for review to engineering teams (due Sept 1)
Does this look right to you: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/MidNightlySignOffs
Beta / Dev Edition
- Preliminary reports for Beta 56 features are currently underway (due Sep 1).
- We are analyzing the new 64-bit migration plan. We'll coordinate with Chris and come up with a reduced scope for our testing by tomorrow, to allow for a faster testing across the channels.
- 56.0b7 build 1 signed off with no major issues
- we will start working on Activity Stream more closely - owner Bogdan - All features are in good shape - Green
- To QE, could you summarize which mid-nightly sign offs are pending/not started? (request from Ritu from India)
- leanpub sdk for fennec still pending, email from bogdan.
- [Andrei] On PTO from Sep 5 to Sep 13, please check with Cornel Ionce and Florin Mezei for any work that needs to be done by Desktop Release QA.
- US/Canada Labo(u)r day Sep 4
- About 57 Beta: b1 will go to DevEdition, what about the rest of the population on 56?
- not sure I understand the question but 56 regular beta will remain on 56. Only 56 devedition people will move to 57beta/devedition
- Also, what day will we do a version bump for Nightly 58?
- September 20th
- soft code freeze Sept 15th for Photon
- More issues with Kaspersky - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1392202