Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Zoom Meeting ID: 266 532 573
- +17207072699,,266532573# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release metrics
- 4 Off-train releases
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Special Topics
- lizzard, pascalc, vchin, Ritu, jcristau, philipp, Thomas, Aryx, tania, overholt (for 15 minutes), Tom, dveditz
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- (liz for Ryan) Planning a Fennec 68.1.1 gtb Thursday to fix arm64 leanplum issues.
- 69.0.1 probably coming next week.
- (liz) 70.0b5 desktop, dev edition, 68.2b2 Fennec build Monday, released this morning.
- Note, now using new balrog interface, https://balrog.services.mozilla.com
- fix for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1578282 top crash is in beta 5
Report on release criteria metrics (For 70)
- Snapshot date Sept-10: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a0f8cDojanXaT44ATyK1KpK0OGcoI2eRIas4Mjk_C8Y/edit#gid=1956837358
- Release criteria process for Beta70: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16n5BLvyS3Z638j-EAPa1IvhIrR9B1UKV5CRyKr1rSSg/edit#
- After the spike from week 1 due to low usage and slower beta rollout, stability metrics are trending green
- tracked bugs is growing, which is expected at the start of Beta cycle
4 Performance Bugs that are being tracked for 70: https://mzl.la/2HWtb3G All other release criteria are green. WIP Release Criteria Dashboard: https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/desktop-performance-release-criteria Desktop Release Criteria Definition: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k8tV-32_9osYX7YNjNlgvHjXrlX1vpcETpg97FSNmBk/edit?pli=1#gid=529224397 (filter for accepted criteria)
- # of tracked sec-high/crit and total sec-high/crit affecting 70 is increasing, not alarming just yet. Can we get prompt triage on these?
- (liz) i plan to email triage owners today about this, now that they can see the bugs. I am also triaging them with Al and Dan.
- 119 carryover regressions, should we wontfix these more aggressively?
- Should we filter out fix-optional?
- Should we capture the metric "of the carryover regressions how many are wontfix'd?"
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- New dashboard is showing the following for Linux - ALERT: Some likely regressions:
at least 65% probability of regression in main crash incidence for os: Linux for 69 release.
firefox nightly summary score: 3.10, Thursday 3.82
- New regression in DOM Content Processes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1578070
- Small spike in A/V related to playing youtube videos: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579798
- Small volume Core | Widget crash which affects Win and macOS: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579807
- Small volume Core | Document Navigation crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1580230
- Several small volume Web Replay regressions:
- Latest nightly crash triage: https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2019Q3
firefox beta summary score: 4.02, Thursday 7.19
- Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579394 should be addressed in b5. Fix in the bug in the last comment
- LSNG crashes are #9 overall in Beta - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1541928. LSNG got disabled late in 69.0b
firefox release summary score: 2.92, Thursday 4.46
- #5 Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1571686 is now resolved fixed & requesting uplift
- Top cpu specific crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1578722 seems to affect beta as well
- Patch for a stack overflow crash happening on 10.15 just landed - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1578075
- DOM Service Workers crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579858 is more visible in 69, and affects beta as well
- Some good work ongoing in top macOS Crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1201401
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec nightly summary score: 79.93, Thursday 81.00
- SprintLiteral continues to be the top crash on nightly, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1461724. It is also #2 on release
fennec beta summary score: 55.81, Thursday 56.37
- Other than 2 single installation crashes, nothing new on beta
fennec release summary score: 19.42, Thursday 19.57
- Core | XP Connect topcrash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579222 has eclipsed 4500 crashes. Assigned to kmag
- #7 top crash had pretty high volume in 68 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1573479. So far in 69 we have around 2700 crashes
- It is also the top crash in the recent released Android 10 (API 29)
- volume now declining in the past couple of days
- Version 1.4 just shipped. Top crash continues to be https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1557449
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1374570 is the #2 top crash. It is still present in Fennec as well
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- Cross Functional cancelled this week due to conflict with the MoCo Internal meeting
- Zoom security