Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
pascal, thomas, jr, Aryx, philipp, RyanVM,taniam, jcristau
- Firefox 82 release @25%
- Firefox ESR 78.4 @100%
- Beta 83.0b1 release @25%, Deved 83.0b1 release @100%
- fenix 81.1.5 at full rollout
- fenix 82.1.0 at 5%
mc2 crash rate: 1.72, crash incidence: 1.96%, mc1 summary score:
- Lots of libmozsandbox.so content process crashes?
- Not likely our bug (single install, non-official channel)
mc2 crash rate: 1.66, crash incidence: 1.50%, mc1 summary score:
- Crash in [@ RtlAcquireSRWLockExclusive | mozilla::ipc::MessageChannel::NotifyImpendingShutdown]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1670557
- Startup Crash in [@ mozilla::intl::LocaleService::GetAppLocalesAsLangTags]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1667613
mc2 crash rate: 1.38, crash incidence: 0.87%, mc1 summary score:
- Linux Mint Firefox builds (not ours) losing search engines under some conditions: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1672164
- Linux Mint people seem aware (question asked in their forum)
- intention to reach out from Mozilla
- affected user population ???
- PI request deadline: this Friday, Oct 23
- have a few carryovers, connecting with EPMs to find out if those are still planned for 84
Aurora / Dev Edition
- no concerns from QA's end at the moment, testing in beta is to be started
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 83 has 1 challenged and 1 at risk feature
- [challenged] Modernized Print UI, Phase 2 will be landing code early in the beta cycle to support this work riding the trains
- [at risk] Account Ecosystem Telemetry Ping is now considered at risk for Fx83 as the work was not completed before the nightyl soft code freeze. Reviewing options for shipping.
- Previously challenged items around Search are now considered ON TRACK for riding the trains!
- Building the Firefox 84 feature list. Will have more to share next week.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1669753 - new print ui experiment
- Sumo mitigation: tracking print UI mentions post release.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1653908 - crash in [@ PLDHashTable::Add | nsBaseHashtable<T>::Put | Parser::Parse]
- Sumo mitigation: Is the crash above expected to be user affecting in 82 release? If so we can look to track users affected on support forum.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1664614 is the new signature in 82 for this crash
- Are there any bugs support should be tracking for Fenix in 82 release?
Roundtable & Special Topics
- [Tania] release post mortem for Fx81/project shirley
- we have an eng retrospective scheduled next Monday
- Ryan to follow-up with jchaupitre
- [Thomas] Do we have an idea who the REO will be for Fx84?
- Ryan to follow-up with jwalker on this
- [Thomas] Extended train cycle for end of year holidays. See Ryan's email sent to Release-Drivers