Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, TaniaM, bittin, Mr. Thomas Elin, jcristau, Aryx, pascal, JR, dveditz
- 89.0b7 shipped yesterday
- 89.0b8 ships on Wednesday
- Fenix 89 Beta 4 shipped today
- Dot releases
- 78.10.1esr shipped today
- Desktop 88.0.1 gtb today, shipping tomorrow
- Fenix 88.1.3 & Focus 8.15.3 gtb today
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash rate: 2.07 (-0.24 compared to previous week), crash incidence: 1.65% (-0.12pp)t
mc1 crash rate: 3.89 (-0.52) crashes/1k usage hours
- new issue today Crash in [@ objc_msgSend | -[NSAccessibilityAttributeAccessorInfo _getAttributeValueForObject:]]
- relative share of ShutdownKill crashes increased, potentially from reduced volume of other crashes
mc2 crash rate: 2.39 (-0.02), crash incidence: 1.95% (-0.02pp)
mc1 crash rate: 3.52 (-0.61)
- several low volume crashes from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1695580 (dev on leave until August), e.g.
- macOS Crash in [@ mozilla::DelayedRunnable::Run] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1709033
- Those are in addition to the high volume https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1704391
- some startup crashes with changing signatures per beta build, e.g. https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/signature/?product=Firefox&version=89.0b7&signature=_GLOBAL__sub_I_Unified_cpp_crashreporter0.cpp&date=%3E%3D2021-04-27T15%3A53%3A00.000Z&date=%3C2021-05-04T15%3A53%3A00.000Z&_columns=date&_columns=product&_columns=version&_columns=build_id&_columns=platform&_columns=reason&_columns=address&_columns=install_time&_columns=startup_crash&_sort=-date&page=1#summary
- bug report incoming, needinfo on gsvelto
mc2 crash rate: 1.52 (+0.01), crash incidence: 0.68% (-0.07pp)
mc1 crash rate: 1.68 (-0.98)
- Nothing signficant to report
- Release stablity looks good
- Beta looks good
- Filed a graphics crash for x86 ASUS users, doubtful this will be a meaningfull crash in release
- Nightly looks good
- Android Developer Preview 12 Crash, should fix this before Android 12 launch. I/O is May 18th unclear if it will launch then (it won't already announced stable Android 12 will release at earliest in September 2021).
- PI-1032 (DoH Remote Settings Config) has been closed
- Pending tech docs/trello cards have been resolved
- Test planning has started and kick-off meetings to happen
Aurora / Dev Edition
- QA status in trending GREEN
- Firefox 89beta early cycle Preliminary Testing is underway.
- Feature testing reports will be rolling in this week. Early progress reports indicate no major issues thus far.
- Certain features are still having open P1, P2a bugs however only 4 open P1s : Onboarding, Panels
- The bug causing the Yellow E2E test report (1707839) has been Fixed/Resolved.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 89 - Overall Feature status remains Green for all features (MR1 and beyond)
- Awaiting updated QA sign off reports (most are expected to be GREEN). Product has completed their MR1 feature review and all features are considered a GO.
- Firefox 90 - Most Features reported as Green
- Feature list appears to be complete but feels light. We normally experience a surge of rollover activity immediately following a major release but with the decision to add two weeks to BETA as well as some early deprioritization there's not much in the way of MR1 fast follows.
- Firefox 88 with Widevine CDM 4.10.2209.1 fails to playback encrypted content when license enforcing HDCPv1
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Will there be a 90.3 iteration added to bugzilla to reflect the two week extension of beta?
- Iteration 91.1 and 91.2 need to have their dates corrected.