Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
tracy, telin, pascal, JR, Aryx, dsmith, clara, marcela, virginia, dveditz, RyanVM
- Desktop 93 at 100% since last Friday
- No dot release planned yet for 93
- Desktop/DevEdition 94.0b5 gtb today
- Fenix 94.0.0-beta.2 live @ 100%, beta.3 gtb tomorrow or Thursday
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.83% (+0.18pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 2.19 (+0.31)
mc1 crash rate: 3.77 crashes/1k usage hours (-2.13) - good level, might be too good to last
mc2 crash incidence: 1.69% (+0.63pp), crash rate: 2.33 (+0.51)
mc1 crash rate: 3.49 (-3.34) compared to last week Thursday, trending back to normal levels after skew from version increase
- Startup Crash in [@ mozilla::ScriptPreloader::InitCacheInternal]
- arai is investigating
mc2 crash incidence: 0.79% (-0.17pp), crash rate: 1.39 (+0.24)
mc1 crash rate: 2.02 (-2.43) compared to last week Thursday, trending back to normal levels after skew from version increase
Top crasher https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1721783 likely to be antivirus related, high but didn't explode after the full rollout
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1733757 ffi crash in Glean needs uplift
- https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/21829 maybe releated to the above bug?
- Nightly 95 - kick-offs, and start working on test plans and test cases
- Beta 94 preliminary reports are in progress
- Testing reports for macOS video playback, MSIX packaging and Monochromatic themes are all GREEN.
- Full functional testing on Pro Client app is in progress
* Coverage - Sprints 4 ->9
- Second round of regression testing is in progress and additional scope may be included based on uplifts triage with bugbugUI.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 94 Beta
- 1 challenged feature remains. MR2 Immersive monochromatic themes can be enabled was expected to move to on track this week but some last minute scope additon around Win7 received a RED QA signoff. The team is attempting to bring Win7 back to GREEN but supporting that platform is optional and not a blocker for the rest of this work shipping in Fx94.
- 🎣 Fission Staged Rollout (0–100%) has been moved to ON TRACK (Last week this was challenged). Only 6 MVP bugs remain (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Project_Fission/Bugs/Backlog#MVP_Hard_Blockers). Two of those are expected to uplift but the remaining bugs are not blockers.
- Firefox 95 Nightly
- Tracking of the Release and Features has been moved to Mana! https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=150542965
- 1 Feature is considered CHALLENGED. Simplify the process to open an external application from Firefox is blocked as engineering is focusing on removing the download modal.
- SVG transform issue: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1735109 Duplicate of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1458353
- IOS: Additional Search Providers not available: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/9227 - Resolved in https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/9084
Roundtable & Special Topics
- [telin]Please take a look at the Fx95 Nightly Release Mana page; https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=150542965
- @Relman - how do you feel about working out of this mana page vs the current google docs?
- @QA - Can I get a Jira query for all submitted Fx95 QA requests?
- @SUMO @SEC et al - Is this useful to you in creating visibility around what's shipping? What other info would be interesting to you?
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 93 post mortem on Nov 2, instead of regression triage meeting, ping pascal for an invite