Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, telin, dsmith, dveditz, pascal, dmeehan, Aryx, afischer
- Dot Release 100.0.1 is planned for the 16th
- Fenix 100.1.2 was created with new API key due to missing Sentry crash reports
- Desktop & DevEdition 101.0b4 live @ 100%, 101.0b5 gtb today
- Fenix & Focus 101.0.0-beta.3 live @ 100%, 101.0.0-beta.4 gtb Thursday
- The pwn2own competition is next week (May 18-20)
- We expect to need dot releases (Release & ESR) in response, but exact timing TBD
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.84% (+0.11pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 2.22 (-0.07)
- new frequenter Storage crasher in latest Nightly
mc2 crash incidence: 2.27% (-0.25pp), crash rate: 2.00 (-2.24) - back to normal after first week of development cycle
mc2 crash incidence: 0.92% (-0.02pp), crash rate: 1.27 (-0.32)
- startup Crash in [@ qipcap64.dll] (Forcepoint)
- blocklisting patch by Bob Owen will land soon
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 101 feature preliminary reports - in progress. No major concerns until now.
- Beta 101 antivirus testing in progress. No new issues encountered so far.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 101 Beta
- Feature list is stabilizing. No challenged/at risk features at this time.
- Keeping an eye on Support audio input device switching as this work has slipped since Fx97
- Firefox 102 Nightly
- Feature list is shaping up. Working to confirm status.
- M1 - Accessibility Engine Improvements (Cache the World Milestone 1) listed as challenged due to outstanding Android refactoring work
- WebGPU MVP remains at risk as this work has been in release to release slip. Team continues burning down the remaining bugs.