Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
Pascal,dianna, RyanVM, Aryx, telin, jr johnson
- Release: 101
- Tentatively planning to build Desktop 101.0.1 tomorrow to address a few high-priority quality items
- Nothing significant for Mobile at this time, though we may have a change to address a recent crash spike
- Beta: 102
- Desktop beta 5 building today
- Focus + Fenix beta 2 shipped yesterday to 100% of users
- Nightly: 103
- No updates
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.71% (+0.22pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 2.02 (-0.01)
- Crash in [@ RtlAcquireSRWLockExclusive | (anonymous namespace)::InterposedNtCreateFile]
- under investigation
mc2 crash incidence: 2.22% (+1.26pp), crash rate: 1.98 (-0.15) - higher crash rate early during development cycle
mc2 crash incidence: 0.81% (-0.02pp), crash rate: 1.42 (-0.19)
- Bug 1651221 has spiked significantly in both Fenix and Focus 101. Currently the #1 topcrash for both.
- Roger Yang is going to revert a change in AC which may be contributing to the spike
- Bug 1768197 investigation continues in bug 1772839. Still showing high volume on Release.
- Bug 1771308 also shows a large increase in volume in 101.
- See Fenix section above
- Nightly 103 features - Test plans and Test cases in progress
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 102 feature preliminary testing for QA-1474 - Use Adaptive History for Autofill - in progress. No concerns so far.
- Beta 102 tier1 top sites testing - in progress. No new issues encountered so far.
- 2nd round of regression testing for Firefox Beta 102 - in progress. No new issues encountered so far.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 102 Beta
- No challenged or at risk features at this time. Many features listed as 'done' and just waiting to ride the trains.
- Firefox 103 Nightly
- M1 - Accessibility Engine Improvements (Cache the World Milestone 1) still reported as challenged but I suspect this is just leftover from the issues experienced in Fx102 before the decision was made to slip. Waiting to get an update from JTeh.
- Working to finalize the feature list.
- A few users noted the TLS certificate issue: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1691122
- Fx Translations launched with some issues in release: https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-translations/issues
- Firefox 101 bring a preference to bypass the combined print preview/setup overlay and skip directly to the system dialog: print.prefer_system_dialog
- Since this bypasses the setup controls, it may cause complications printing websites that require tweaks to scaling or margins.