Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, mboldan, dsmith, dmeehan, lapahidean, Aryx, asoncutean, aflorinescu, cbaica
- 103 (Release)
- 103.0 live @ 100% rollout
- Fenix/Focus live @ 100% rollout in Google Play and Samung Store
- There is currently no dot release driver, but we have 4 ridealongs
- Planned dot release scheduled for 2022-08-09
- 104 (Beta)
- Mobile 104.0b1 rolled out 07-27
- Desktop 104.0b3 will go out tonight along with mobile
- 105 (Nightly)
- No updates.
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.75% (-0.37pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.87 (+0.06)
- Crash in [@ mozilla::detail::MutexImpl::lock | mozilla::detail::RunnableFunction<T>::Run]
- new Linux Wayland crash
- developer needinfoed
mc2 crash incidence: 2.35% (+0.69pp), crash rate: 2.03 (-0.51) - increased crashes at the start of beta cycle are common
- [@ mozilla::MozPromise<T>::ThenValueBase::AssertIsDead]
- only affected early beta for 103 development cycle
- related to page-icon protocol/favicons, under investigation by developers
mc2 crash incidence: 0.64% (-0.10pp), crash rate: 1.43 (+0.01)
- WebRTC regression testing - in progress. No concerns until now.
- TP and TCs for MR features are in progress.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 104 initial fix triage - almost done.
- Beta 104 feature preliminary testing - in progress. No concerns so far.
* Exceptions - [QA-1542] Windows Native Notifications & re-engagement - On Hold as testing may be needed instead solely on Fx105
- 1st round of regression testing - in progress. No concerns.
- Fenix Beta 104.0b1 - signed off with status green
- Focus Beta 104.0b1 - signed off with status green