Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
dmeehan, dsmith, telin, RyanVM, JR Johnson, Aryx, tracy
- Desktop 107.0.1 live @ 25% rollout
- Fenix/Focus 107.2.0 live @ 25% rollout
- Desktop/DevEdition 108.0b7 & Fenix/Focus 108.0b5 shipped on 2022-11-27
- Desktop/DevEdition 108.0b8 gtb today
- Uplifts were done yesterday and testing was done early due to QA Holiday
- This is the last week of the Beta Cycle for 108
- Tracking multiple tickets to be uplifted to b9
- Focus 109 will switch to the monorepo at the start of the beta cycle
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.58% (-0.13pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 3.54 (+1.58) - newer builds back to normal
- Fixed: Crash with Orca sceenrreader in [@ mozilla::a11y::Accessible::IsOuterDoc]
mc2 crash incidence: 1.31% (-0.30pp), crash rate: 2.05 (+0.07)
mc2 crash incidence: 0.68% (-0.20pp), crash rate: 1.31 (+0.02)
- Dot Release 107.0.1-build1 - in progress. No new issues encountered.
- QA-1572 - Turn on Windows Native Notification on release channel - code has not landed yet, but is expected to land this week, so QA is prepared to conduct a testing round on Dec 2
- QA-1646 - Datepicker Accessibility Improvements - code has not landed yet, but is expected to land this week, so QA is prepared to conduct a testing round on Dec 2
- QA-1667 - Opera/Opera GX/Vivaldi Migrators - CHALLENGED - Nightly 109 testing has been completed and it is trending [ YELLOW ] from a quality standpoint.
The full QA report for the Nightly 109 testing is available [here]. Note that Opera GX migrator was not tested since it has not landed in Nightly 109 yet.
- QA-1680 - FxView Recently Closed Tabs - Empty State - report sent with a Green status
- QA-1681 - FxView Disclosure arrow design - report sent with a Green status
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 108.0b7-build1 MSIX validation was completed with a Green status.
- Beta 108.0b8-build1 - was tested with a treeherder build. No concerns.
- QA-1637 - Widevine CDM Version 4.10.2557.0 (Beta 108) - spot check in progress. No concerns.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 108 Beta
- Always Partitioning Storage slipped to Fx109 as there was an outstanding issue in 108. Team has resolved and enabled by default for 109.
- CSS content-visibility removed from the forecast for now. Possible this could still land in Fx109 or Fx110. Will know more in the next week or so.
- Firefox 109 Nightly
- Add Firefox shortcut to Windows menu as slipped to Fx110 as the team is still working through scope and planning
- Add support for multistage spotlight to about:messagepreview updated to Fx110 as the reported Fx109 forecast was a mistake
- Merge latest libwebrtc to mozilla-central reported as 'on track' for riding the trains with Fx109. No concerns.
- A few initial complaints of 107 loading slow compared to 106: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/what-happened-to-the-latest-update-to-the-browser-for-desktops/m-p/19613
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Romania teams will be out on Nov 30 and Dec 1st, due to national holidays.
Retrospective (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Tentatively targeting December 13th for 107 retro, an invite will follow next week