Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, dmeehan, Aryx, dsmith,oardelean,epopescu, dpop, mlobontiuroman, mboldan, atrif, asoncutean, tzsoldos, csasca, cbaica, phorea, vlucaci
- No dot release planned before 108 go-live
- 108.0 RC2 will be built today with Mobile 108.1.0 build 2 as well
- 108.0 go-live on 2022-12-13
- iOS Focus 108.0 is in QA testing
- Nightly soft freeze is underway
- Mobile betas won't be ready until Wednesday next week due to Focus repo migration happening Tuesday
- Focus nightlies will be disabled tomorrow until after the migration is complete
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.51% (-0.07pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.86 (-1.68) - back to normal level
- Crash with AsyncShutdownTimeout | IOUtils: waiting for profileBeforeChange IO to complete | JSON store: writing data for 'targeting.snapshot'
- developer needinfoed
mc2 crash incidence: 1.52% (+0.21pp), crash rate: 2.92 (+0.87) - increased due to low adoption of this beta version on Linux which increased crash rate
mc2 crash incidence: 0.67% (-0.01pp), crash rate: 1.58 (+0.27)
- Esr 102.6 build 1 - testing was completed with a Green status
- RC1 108.0-build1 - testing was completed with a Green status - Spot-check snap was excluded as there were no builds available.
- Nightly 109 pre-merge regression testing - is in progress and the report will be sent by December 9th EOD
- Feature testing:
- QA-1646 - Datepicker Accessibility Improvements – testing is in progress, and a report will be sent as soon as testing is done.
- QA-1686 - FxView - Removal of Colorways Null State – exploratory testing is on track to be completed by tomorrow / December 9th at the latest. No outstanding issues found so far.
- QA-1692 - FxView - Add ability to remove Recently Closed URLs – testing is in progress to be completed by tomorrow / December 9th. No outstanding issues found so far.
- Nightly 109 accessibility testing - completed with a Green report.
- Nightly 109 search regression testing - is in progress and the report will be sent by December 9th EOD
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Fenix 108.0b6 [GREEN]
- Fenix RC 108.1.0 build 1 [GREEN]
- Focus 108.0b6 [GREEN]
- Focus RC 108.1.0 build 1 [GREEN]
- QA-1706 - Cookie Banner suppression settings on Android mobile [IN PROGRESS]
Feature Status Review
Roundtable & Special Topics
Retrospective (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 107 retro is scheduled for 2022-12-13 @ 8am PT