Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
dmeehan, mchiorean, pascalc, oardelean, ljanos, dpop, ailea, mlobontiuroman, btot, dbodea, tzsoldos, RyanVM, atrif, cbaica, avaida, gnichita,dsmith, phorea, aflorinescu, Aryx
- Reminder: Planned desktop 109.0.1 and mobile 109.2.0 dot release is scheduled for go-live next week on 2023-01-31. Please submit uplift requests by EOD on 2023-01-27.
- 110.0b6 gtb today
- End of Early Beta this week 2023-01-27
- Fenix beta 4/Focus beta 3 shipped today, next mobile betas will be built on Monday morning
- Nightly updates paused and resumed yesterday for a new top crash (Bug 1812257)
- pwn2own 2023 takes place on March 22-24, 2023. If there are any Firefox exploits announced, then we may need to chemspill prior to the planned dot release. The timing of the chemspill may impact the planned 111 dot release. We will send further communication closer to the planned dot release date.
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 2.14% (pp compared to previous week)
crash incidence: 0.74% (pp), crash rate: ()
- Nightly 111 WebRTC testing - in progress, one new S2 regression found (bug 3), the report will be sent by tomorrow, Jan 27 EOD
Aurora / Dev Edition
- DevEdition 110.0b5 - signed off GREEN. Only one new S3 issue was found (bug 1812538).
- Beta 110 antivirus testing - in progress. No new issues.
- Beta 110 regression testing 2nd round - in progress. No concerns.
- Beta 110 pre-release testing - QA will start pre-release testing and the pre-release sign offs will be sent next week
- Fenix 110.0b3 [GREEN]
- Focus 110.0b3 [GREEN]
- Fenix 110.0b4 [GREEN]
Feature Status Review
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Fx116 Merge day to beta will be on Tuesday July 4th instead of Monday July 3rd
- Fx117 nightly will start on July 4th
- Fx116 will have 8 betas instead of 9
- Fx116 beta 1 will be on Tuesday July 4