Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
dmeehan, dsmith, Aryx, telin, RyanVM, taniam,jr johnson
- No dot release planned before 115.0 go-live
- Desktop 115.0 RC1 live on beta @ 100% rollout
- Android Fenix/Focus 115.0 live on play store @ 5% rollout
- iOS Firefox 115.0 RC blocked
- iOS Focus 115.0 RC passed QA
- ESR 102.13esr build blocked pending remaining uplifts
- ESR 115.0esr build passed QA validation
- Desktop 115.0 RC2 and ESR 115.0esr RC2 later this week
- Likely an Android Fenix/Focus 115.0 RC2 also
- Deadline for 115.0 release notes is today
- soft code freeze starts 2023-06-29
- string freeze 2023-06-30
- merge day 2023-07-04
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.76%
- Crash in [@ mozilla::a11y::DocAccessible::GetAccessible]
crash incidence: 0.72%
- Testing on ESR 102.13 and on ESR 115.0 builds will start tomorrow.
- Nightly 116 feature testing - completed.
- 1 exception - QA-1826 - Fingerprinting Protection (FPP) in Desktop PBM - Bug 1832259 and Bug 1832818 are still opened, so the WebRTC related tests were not rerunned on Nighlty 116.
- Nightly 116 Credential Management cross-platform integration testing - in progress.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 3rd round of regression testing - completed. No concerns.
- Beta 115 feature pre-release testing
- QA-1816 Google Rich Entities - completed. Green status.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 115
- No challenge or at risk features identified at this time!
- Firefox 116
- Injecting Firefox Relay integration into Form History & Form Autofill is challenged as there was a bit of scope creep around Autocomplete and Search Suggestions features. Both features are likely to slip to Fx117
- Ensure our HSTS implementation is in good shape slipped to Fx117 as the work wasn't quite ready for soft code freeze
- Private Browsing Support: Cache API as the work was not ready in time for soft code freeze later this week
- Support using Firefox as default PDF reader on Android slipped to Fx117 as the sec review remains outstanding
- Android - app not loading bookmarks, shortcuts, or any webpage searches. The app remains on blank screen.
- 76 users identified in reviews with this issue (not including forum questions). Limited details reported making it difficult to diagnose. Exp: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1416794 and https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1416891
- maybe related to this bug? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_buggi?id=1837869 <- not the right bug.
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Friday June 30th is a Canadian Holiday (observed Canada Day)
- Monday July 3rd is a Mozilla wellness day
- Tuesday July 4th is a US holiday
- Migration of Win 7/8/8.1 and macOS 10.12-10.14 users from Release to ESR was approved by leadership, will happen with the 115.1esr release on August 1
- Beta users will be migrated on July 4