Firefox 35 Post mortem
- (lmandel) We broke some add-ons due to IndexedDB: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/01/16/fix-add-ons-not-working-in-firefox-35/
- Affects session restore in Firefox with no extensions
- (lmandel) We missed updating the UUID for two interfaces
- (lmandel) Graphics bug that had a fix wasn't uploaded (causing https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/issues/3133 )
- (lmandel) Accidentally shipped 35 to users early (I think we didn't actually ship but cause bogus update prompts - good clarification)
- Human error - part of issue was that we were split between aus3 and balrog (this is now fixed with us fully on balrog)
- (kairo) We only had very preliminary crash data when opening the floodgates for updates, but we were lucky as we have no larger issues.
- (sylvestre) We enabled updates way sooner. Seems it worked great
- (cww) UA forgot that some users weren't updating from 34.0.5 but 34.0.1 instead so we were surprised by the Yahoo update again. Ooops.
- I blame temporary holiday-induced amnesia
- (kairo) We missed somehow during the cycle that we broke whatsnew pages on Mac, thankfully we didn't want one anyhow.
- (kbrosnan) Android Was a little crazy at the end with uplifts in the final betas.
- conflicting gfx resources
- QE realignment which moved ashuges off the release and myself onto the release late in the cycle
- partner repacks don't have any testing and need automated sanity test at least.