« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Beta 7 has QA sign off, and is in the pipeline for release later today
- A reminder that we have updated the Firefox 4 beta/release schedule.
Firefox 3.6 & 3.5
- Reminder that the 3.6.12 / 3.5.15 chemspill post-mortem is this Thursday. The wiki page will be updated with details today.
- Schedule posted for 3.6.13 and 3.5.16
- Plan to ship 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 on December 9th
Add-on Builder 1.0a6
- The release remains on track for a Nov. 15th code freeze
- The 1.0a7 development plan is wikified and up for discussion!
Jetpack SDK 0.10
- freezes today, Wednesday, November 10
- much work done, some at risk, some missed
- proposal to hold release for beta blockers so we can ship it as first beta
- Code freeze tomorrow, go to live will be 11/10
- New Features: Text counters on submission forms, Graphs, no limits on max search results, "Tweet This" per comment and Sites data over previous beta versions
Highlights / Notices
- Gmail notifier stopped working. Contacting the Gmail team today. Read the support report! :)
- User feedback summary: Same list from two weeks ago--we should have new information next week ;)
|Youtube & Video rendering||~4 users||144||bug 579597 and related.|
|Font rendering||~5||226||bug 588880|
|Middle button click-to-scroll rendering glitch||0||31||bug 588403|
|Zynga Toolbar not compatible||4||89||Not a bug.|
|Error at Start-Up (could be AVG? or just extensions)||~12 Hard to know--affects more than just beta users||85|||
- Plugins are now painted asynchronously on Windows. This could make performance and responsiveness on slow computers a lot better. bsmedberg wants testing from nightly-users. (bug 596451).
- In Firefox 4 beta 7 users on MacOS 10.5 (Leopard) cannot submit crash reports, and all crashes appear to be hangs/unresponsive Firefox. (bug 599475).
Questions and Concerns
- SUMO - any word on when the Firefox menu will be finalized on all platforms? Basically I'm trying to figure out when we can confidently update support articles. Will this be possible before RC?
Press & Public Reactions
- Mozilla Reveals All Firefox 4 Features In New Beta 7
- Download Firefox 4.0 Beta 7
- Mozilla: Firefox 4 Beta 7 coming Wednesday