- Date: 2013.11.05
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: djf
- Minutes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Announcements & Notices
Frederik Braun [:freddyb] moved from WebSec to FxOS Security and says Hi!, he's located in the Berlin office
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Gaia UI Automation
3rd FFOS Support Summary report out - some numbers: feedback volume increased from 230 in July to 920 eo September(814 Input, 106 forums), v 1.0 main positives - general&simplicity, main negatives - responsivness(<10% positive)&lack of apps (whatsapp&line top of list)
analyzed top support articles in the KB since the first launches and reorganized it so that we now have top 30 articles ready for localization for all the markets where we have launchend or are going to launch. Community is working on them.
Talking this week: jrburke Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team: asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), robmac
Burning down koi+ bugs
Backend for POP3 in cleanup/testing phase.
Considering future work: next/prev message traversal, calendar stories, haida
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/prdojects/867311
Media front end
Talking this week (11/05) : djf The Team: djf, dhylands, jporter, dkuo, johu, dmarcos, mikeh, cserran, robmac, pla, marcia, skasetti, justindarc, wilsonpage
Sprints: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840 Updates
Wilson Page has joined the team. Please welcome him if you see him online or IRL. Wilson is working from CA for a couple of weeks, then heading home to London.
Tom Herold's internship has ended, and he is road-tripping in CA and then returning to Germany.
We currently have 0 Koi+ bugs, and only a couple of hd+ bugs.
Which means that work on 1.3 is beginning in earnest.
Camera changes should be happening this sprint
Music work is focusing on Flatfish: we're porting the "music2" app to that form factor and letting the original music app stay as it is for phones for this release.
Overall 1.3 is a busy release for our team, with high-priority UX features, Flatflsh work.
Talking this week (11/5): bkelly
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mchang, mlee, wlach, Walter Chen
Continuing to focus on koi+ blockers
Power harness, automation, profiler work continues as well
New Regressions: http://mzl.la/1aR8ReW
Slide up animation is not smooth for Gaia keyboard (bug 932764)
Nice perf improvement for 1.3 from C++ app: protocol handler. Thanks Fabrice! (bug 924702)
Talking this week: Julien
nothing very interesting to know, 1.3 is going on
ongoing Double Sim work especially in Gecko
work week scheduled at the end of november in Taipei
System front end
Talking this week: Gregor/Candice
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, naoki, john
Bug 925970: Implement visual refresh to e.me homescreen search bar
Helping out a-team with test suites. Enable tests on emulator debug builds.
Work week in SF: Nov 4-8
Talking this week: Rick Waldron (:rwaldron)
Corey and Eric attending SF work week remotely
1.3 Messages Features
1.2 blockers ( clock, messages and keyboard/settings )
Clock integration tests a focus
Wait for Travis to be green before landing! You can log in to Travis with your github account and restart jobs. If a failure is intermittent, restarting the Travis job will often get you green.
Useful or Old Links
- Triage: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage
- Landing Rules: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Landing
- Deadlines: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Deadlines
- Taipei Team: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Team/Taipei
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace (email@example.com)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html