- 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern
- 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
Chofman, Wil, SethB, Mic, Pascal, TimR
- QA udpate
- some minor issues - partner builds running into problems
minor maintenance of tool, any strings change, any preferences changes than work done through reference file
- ACTION: mic to f/u and figure out what issues are
- Fx3 prep - latest news on beta's, deadlines, etc
- Anything's slipping, but localizers are catching up.
- My current count is 21 builds, I guess frisian might be ok, make that
22. I'm not sure if the bookmarks bustage in frisian will be bad.
- latest state available at: http://l10n.mozilla.org/~buildmaster/beta1status.html
1) Track the decisions, changes and current state. https://intranet.mozilla.org/L10n_Webservices_Contacts_by_Locale
2) File a set of bugs against each locale starting with Tier 1 and 2 locales listed here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/ Firefox_Requirements#Locale_Support
4) Work with the localizer community to finalize and implement decisions
5) Ensure all issues, bugs are resolved in time for Firefox 3 shipping.
can we create a succinct policy or set of policies that better defines what we mean by good web services e.g., good search options for each category of search we're after (we've got a first draft of this from the work on the slovenian bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=375198), RSS feeds (in Hindi bug most recently is a good example of this lack of clarity coming through https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=384408), webcal, webmail, RSS reader, etc.
used BBC as a way to introduce the fact that could have RS feed on bookmark toolbar; only work every done; deliquent to customize to fit towards target audience; until we do work to change that feature from demonstration to a more useful tool not allowing any changes; only change it if BBC is not offered in their language need to do work to improve feature for all users - research to figure out how want to change that like other partners to provide a feed that meets more of the demographic of en-US users
Axel status page http://l10n.mozilla.org/~buildmaster/beta1status.html mic's beta1readyness page
- must get better - piece of information we didn't gather - how much testing they did or dind't do, whcih platforms they targeted, list of targeted testing areas e.g., dialog sizes, etc. (had a list did you run smoke test, Fx2 beta wha set of questions we asked) TIM
Snippets already translated and online 4 locales which have translated snippets but not on server not much to do or communicate marketing wants to redesign start page - simultaneous with launch of Firefox 3 will have neough time for all existing locales but new locales may be post Fx3 ACTION: will talk with Alix about this when we go to Mtn View
- we could use survey tool as proxy for "health" of teams
- ACTION: Pascal/Seth how we can use tools for assessing health of locale
Comm Dev - update no specific update - ongoing prep for India conference, everything submitted and approved worked with poland colleague - stash - starting program to send out brief surveys on what community thinks of mozilla on topic - validate ideas generate tool proposals to help out specific test cases spanish localizers in contact with press, mini communities at SUMO biggest computer fair in Spain, take opportunity to announce the launch fo their new community portal Ubuntu party - nothing special - well organized, things to learn from the way they did things
Tools discussion - mic best practices review - could possibly use some of these tools for AMO
- all.html - update
need bundled installer
- Goals -
- would be great to have a discussion while we are all together
- plan for workin sessions - proposal ideas, times
timr was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
pascalc localizatio of SUMO Sumo should focus in the future on getting languages that don't have existing community portals and not recreate SUMO for languages that already have good community portals with extensive support Several community portals already cover that