- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-04-28
Topics for This Week
- Firefox Hub
- Planning to publish feed add-on for 30 on AMO this week. Starting to write API documentation on MDN.
- Support for scoped SharedPreferences landed. Major ts paint regression, investigating. Might have to backout.
- Context menu Quick Share
- Landed, but exposed some regressions. Wes is working on it.
- UI Telemetry
- The initial patches landed. Let's start looking at the data.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Raymond fixed bug 988126 - WebViewActivity missing return statement
- Capella fixed bug 976723 - Selection handle scrolls outside boundary of <input> on page scroll and bug 982608 - Geckoeditable data loss using Swift keyboard during Text Selection
- Blake Winton started playing around with the new hub APIs in his whimsy add-on: https://github.com/bwinton/whimsy/blob/master/lib/panelicons.js
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- bug 987010 - [Skia] ConvertBGRAToBGRX is sitting on a hotpath and we don't want it there
- bug 985155 - Intermittent Android 2.3 | application crashed [@ 0x0]
- bug 990174 - SkiaGL runs out of memory when drawing lots of shadowed images
- Continued work on push notifications
- Investigate whether or not we can turn canvasmark back on for panda
- Work on actually testing SkiaGL in mochitest
- Mostly worked on native JS object support
- Should be landing soon; mailing list post(s) coming.
- Last week:
- Attempts to verify H264 acceleration on Firefox Flame
- Various reviews
- Android WebRTC 3.50 update
- Update dev VM
- Next week:
- More fiddling with the Flame
- Android WebRTC 3.50
- Last Week: Posted patch for bug 759448 - Prevent listeners from being registered until needed. Worked on resolving undefined xpcom/xul symbols is WebRTC code for Roku.
- This Week: Continue resolving symbols and creating drop in replacements for XPCOM components in WebRTC code.
- bug 988527 - End of progress bar is offset by 1px
- bug 989098 - Improve EventDispatcher/Messaging.jsm
- bug 946022 - Implement requestAutocomplete for Firefox for Android
- bug 942270 - Add Quickshare buttons to Context menu
- bug 985400 - Unable to interact with sub menus on LG Optimus 4X HD (4.1.2)/LG G2
- bug 990395 - After installing Link Bubble, all web pages get a HelperApp icon
- Second screen. Trying to get video casting working via Chromecast or Mircast devices before we work on the harder problem of casting whole tabs.
- bug 905860 Kohls ad drag to reveal doesn't work
- Blocked on Download Mananger
- Working with fabrice today in MTV on Web Activity support - should be able to land very soon
- Adding swipe-to-refresh support for home panels
- bug 940575 - Implement per-profile SharedPreferences, eliminating uses of PreferenceManager
- bug 985211 - Disabling hub panels in regular mode affects guest mode
- bug 974601 - Avoid saving new configuration on refresh if still using default HomeConfig
- bug 988355 - Only force reload on configuration changes in DynamicPanel
- bug 933739 - Issues in URL domain autocompletion
- (Investigation, Round 2) bug 974434 - Add support for items with variable height in PanelGridView
- (In progress) bug 976064 - Create a loader per panel view instead of per dataset id
- (In progress) Bootstrapping the framework for Suggested Sites
- Prepared presentation for London Mobile Summit 2.0
- More focus on the Suggested Sites framework
- Some more Hub stuff
- bug 977196 - UI Telemetry for opening urls
- bug 981028 - Add telemetry probes for Top Sites
- bug 909618 - Remember about:home tab selection
- bug 967293 - Remove duplicate logic from TopSitesPanel.onContextItemSelected()
- bug 857990 - Save/Restore scroll position for an article in Reader Mode
- Prototype another settings rewrite for Fragment-only (replace PreferenceActivity, handle prefs, tablet UI preferences)
- misc telemetry bugs/reviews
- Beta notification for new telemetry policy
- 959917 - Make Home Panel settings reorderable
- 971093 - Intermittent testSettingsMenuItems | Exception caught - junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Text string: '^Customize$' is not found!
- Home panels authentication API/UI finally landed!
- Started some MDN docs for hub
- 832917 - Visiting an UTF-16 page adds an UTF-16 item to the Character Encoding menu that persists even upon navigating to a non-UTF-16 page
- 942281 - Provide a way for a service add-on to authenticate a user
- 976680 - Promo banner on tablets in squished occasionally on rotation
- 987175 - Hide "Add panel" settings item for fx30
- bug 957894 - Update account pickling code for Firefox Account
- investigate bug 979621 - Android 2.3 testNewTab |junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: EditText is not found!
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 965548 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 898613 - [fig] Editing mode tests (followup to bug 895828)
- bug 963446 - Extend SyncAccountDeletedService to handle deleting client record for Firefox Accounts + Sync 1.5
- PTO (moving)
- Started documenting experiments on SPDY proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- Wrote a simple tool to help picking a reviewer (for new hires/interns) (https://github.com/eamsen/superblame) -- feedback welcome!
- Lots of Sync reviews, and some small fixes.
- Filing all the bugs.
- Soon to be landing some context fixes, assuming Lucas fixes his GeckoSharedPrefs stuff (implicit dependency).
- About to have very patchy availability (vroom vroom), but will be in MV and SF for a couple of days in a week or so. Will still be able to get to some reviews, and hope to make locale switching progress.
- None. Did you know we have a new CEO?
- 836790 - Don't GET changes if info/collections says there are none
- 983350 - Send explicit user agent for FxA and token server requests
- 983856 - Message to users when Sync is disabled globally or for the Firefox Account
- 988437 - Make Firefox Account Android account type unique per package
- 988571 - Migrate Android Firefox Accounts from Doghouse to Separated state on application upgrade
- 989105 - Redirect Send Tab to Status activity when the Firefox Account definitely cannot send a tab
- 990116 - Make UITest inherit from BaseRobocopTest
- 990680 - Remove extras from GlobalSession constructor
- Landing UI for tab streaming
- looking at chrome cast, mostly banging my head against various walls
- building and packaging GeckoViewExample by default landed
- devs now need ant 1.8.0
- Roku app cleanup: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/mfinkle_mozilla.com/firefox-roku/summary
- Casting cleanup: bug 921948
- New project wrangling
- Revisiting 256MB
- In Vancouver this week, doing some design planning
- Tabbed browsing - refining design concepts from initial sprints
- Search improvements - what could we do better on tablets? On all devices?
- Gestures - what kinds of gestures ould we add that make browsing more comfortable?
- Multi screen use
- Also - in case you missed it last week, Yuan and Anthony pulled together some initial design sprint findings on tabbed browsing here: http://f.cl.ly/items/1f0C3b2f3F2d111N3V3k/Tablet%20refresh%20sprint%20findings.pdf
- In Vancouver this week, doing some design planning
- Widgets are back!
- Draft designs round 1 cl.ly/image/0C0o0D441V0i
- Stay tuned for refinements
- Roku - locking down v1 designs with Anthony and Zhenshuo
- Hub support - wrapping up initial RSS-themed release
- Tiles - initial design exploration underway
- In Denver next week for UX Mobile Immersion conference http://uxim14.uie.com/
- Last week
- Android widget idea sketches
- In Progress
- PDF.js bugs break up
- Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
- Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
- focus remains developer-facing issues in Fx29 Beta
- still bouncing off zarro blookers for Fx29 Release
- Go/No-Go meeting on Fx29 Release next Monday, April 7
- Noteworthy Bugs:
- bug 982557 - updating Fennec to a version with Synthetic APKs triggers app updates that hang on launch - uplifted
- bug 970209 - webapp update logic in about:apps should be #ifdef MOZ_ANDROID_SYNTHAPKS - uplifted
- bug 982559 - updating to Synthetic APKs and tapping Home screen icon for previously-installed webapp crashes Fennec - uplifted
- bug 889744 - Cannot install packaged apps from reviewer details page on Android - under investigation
- bug 989109 - WebAppRT expects return values from sendMessageToJava - fixed, will request uplift
- bug 989294 - Synthetic APK never launches if downloaded outside Fx Marketplace - under investigation
- bug 968129 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.gfx.GeckoLayerClient.setFirstPaintViewport(GeckoLayerClient.java) - fixed, will request uplift
- More Android tests running:
<Read Only> Nice work on landing UI Telemetry for Home Panels!
- [ON TRACK] Toolbar Refactor
- [ON TRACK] Shumway Bundled in Browser but disabled, bug 905668
- [ON TRACK] Promo snippet for Sync
- [ON TRACK] Preloaded bookmark for Marketplace
- [ON TRACK] Multiple Quickshare Buttons - 2 Quickshare on main menu
- [ON TRACK] Ability to "Hide" existing panels in about:home (see the full project page for more details)
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic snippets support preffed on, bug 862801. UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] bug 875750 - Implement <input type="color">: Android widget/color picker
- [AT RISK] Replace throbber with progress bar bug 917896, bug 959776. UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] APK Synthesis on by default
- [AT RISK] Promo snippet for Marketplace UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] Firefox Accounts with Sync 1.5 integration UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] Ability to re-order existing panels in about:home (see My List: Manage current lists in settings), bug 942231
- [ON TRACK] Evaluate pngquant for PNG size reduction bug 959833
- [AT RISK] Firefox Hub v1 (RSS feed support + 2 add-ons)
- [PROPOSED] Progress Bar Improvements for Fx30 bug 981059
- [PROPOSED] Placeholder for FxA/Sync Backlog
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Argentine Spanish (es-AR), bug 979250
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Mexican Spanish (es-MX), 979251 bug 979251
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Malay (ms), bug 979257
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Latvian (lv) , bug 958021
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub v2 (currently planned feature complete)
- [PROPOSED] UX Telemetry
- [PROPOSED] Tiles v1
- [PROPOSED] Contextual tips for users
- [PROPOSED] Project video to second screen
- [PROPOSED] WebRTC tab streaming
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub: Marketplace discovery feed add-on (project page TBD)
- [PROPOSED] Promotional banner enhancements
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub: Add new My Panel from Promotional Banner
- [AT RISK] Quickshare Contexts
- [AT RISK] Quickshare on the context menu
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Settable default service for quickshare buttons
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Collect aggregate usage data
- [PROPOSED] Preferred web content language, UI lang switching
- [PROPOSED] API: Contacts (incl permissions bump)
- [PROPOSED] Geolocation services (incl permissions bump)
- [PROPOSED] API: Web activities
- [PROPOSED] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync bug 958889
- [ON TRACK] Added locale(s): Hindi(hi), Gujarati (gu), Bengali (bn), Punjabi (pn), Maithili (mai), Marathi (mr), Malayalam (ml), Assamese (as), Oriya (or), Tamil (ta), Telugu (te), Kannada (kn)