- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Merge day is next week. Plan accordingly.
Topics for This Week
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- nickecarlo finished bug 875852 - Reader Mode: Ambient light level changes are too sensitive
- fedepaol fixed bug 880661 - The download complete notification doesn't appear in the Android notification bar
- capella fixed bug 868222 - Tab increment animation displays an artifact every other count change.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week:
- bug 880676 - Add a ScaleFactor class to safely convert between coordinate systems
- bug 882120 - fix robopan regression from bug 785929 caused by changing rounding behaviour, which was then backed out for reftest failures
- working on bug 883646, which introduces a new coordinate system for layout device pixels
- interviews, reviews
- Next week:
- finish up bug 883646
- write some tests for the new coordinate system code
- bug 880359 Default Android cache is 200MB, which is greater then the amount of free space
- -> http://gbrownmozilla.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/firefox-for-androids-disk-cache/
- Updated https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Projects/Robocop/WritingTests
- bug 882191 Android 2.2 opt builds take a second to load nested preference screen
- Investigated bug 877779 Talos Regression tp4m_nochrome 14% on Android 2.2, May 29
- Working on
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Posting some revised Push patches for review
- Last week: bug 857730 - Implement contacts API
- All API functions are complete
- Add public key field landed (bug 807688)
- Permissions doorhanger working but...
- This week:
- Dealing with case of multiple Google accounts
- Running unit tests and fixing any failures
- Adding photo field
- Maybe have all patches ready for review?
- Past week
- Finally landed bug 863777 - Teach ANR reporter to use the profiler to get a native stack
- Spent lots of time investigating bug 882903 - SPS breadkpad unwinder segfaults with on-demand decompression on
- Fixed bug 880650 - VKB is not dismissed when switching awesomebar sections after adding a page to reading list
- Looked at bug 879791 - Unexpected empty event queue in processEventBlock - java.lang.Exception in TouchEventHandler
- Made JimDB support x86
- Make ANR dashboard include native stacks
- Look into some profiler work
- JimDB for B2G work
- bug 864040 - Enter key isn't displayed correctly with SwiftKey X
- Last week:
- Catching up
- bug 879335 Remove WebRTC + permissions from Firefox 23
- Next week:
- bug 877248 Preview Surface for Camera is visible in upper left corner
- bug 881153 Cannot share the front camera and back camera across different tabs at the same time on FxAndroid
- bug 882136 Camera share icon gets stuck in the notification bar
- bug 880879 Update WebRTC.org code from stable branch 3.30
- bug 877244 Rotating the phone during a WebRTC call doesn't update the image rotation
- bug 882365 - Add Top Bookmarks to about:home
- Pulled in code from TopSitesView, split it into smaller chunks and cleaned up a lot.
- Wrapper list adapter to change the actual cursor adapter on the fly.
- Taking account of all header views (as GridView is just another header)
- Make the ListView scrollable when scrolled from the GridView
- http://cl.ly/image/0n0Q2E2y0O0x and http://cl.ly/image/2t0f1I03422A and http://cl.ly/image/2O3S3H461q0f
- bug 883300 - Make BookmarksListView a class of its own
- Custom adapter based non-scrollable Grid View - http://cl.ly/image/1g2n1L2R0L0I
- bug 884133 - Kill unwanted sAppContext references.
- bug 884004 - DexLoader should use application context.
- http://cl.ly/image/3z1A2X1e1b1U - Favicon based url background color.
- Bug 880454 - Support a queue for button toasts
- Bug 884075 - JS API for super toasts
- Bug 763671 - New designs for fennec form elements
- Bug 882136 - Camera share icon gets stuck in the notification bar; media lock held on tab close
- Bug 826325 - Decide where window.open should open content
- Played with running Gaia in Fennec
- Last week
- Summit Planning Assembly in Paris
- bug 881780 - Make BrowserSearch inherit from HomeFragment
- bug 882612 - Update star/reader icons for the page rows
- bug 882735 - Force recreation of children once favicons are loaded
- bug 862794 - Implement Visited page in about:home
- bug 884398 - Cleanups in BrowserSearch
- Next week
- bug 873072 - crash on launch from notification when Gecko's been killed
- bug 877725 - UI for wifi AP/cell tower
- bug 884590 - prefsObservers stale - exercise in debugging
- bug 870169 - second pass over extracting ANRReporter
- Settings stuff on hold until merge
- In Progress
- FHR landed on Aurora. Let me know if you see problems.
- Helping guide the web portion along as we move towards release.
- Plannin' and forecastin'.
- Sync stuff.
- Working with gbrown on bug 883539, Android deadlocking itself.
I'm in SF next week.
- bug 877203 - Replace Open Sans with Clear Sans
- have patches for all reftest failures, still sorting out the actual font files
- bug 882196 - Android crash in nsXPCWrappedJS::AddRef
- PSA: you can't add ref on the non-main thread, so don't
- performance win on inbound. Haven't check m-c yet.
- b2g browser planning
- Improving discoverability of Search provider / Add-ons management
- Exploring moving these items into Settings
- WIP http://cl.ly/image/1k152b2Y2M2t
- Mixed content blocking
- Mockups http://cl.ly/image/2Z2V26391K0G
- Starting to put together some notes about on Fig
- Sign into Firefox flows
- Mini hack week in SFO next week!
- Exploring use of CouchDB replication API as a sync protocol
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Slovak
- State of good repair:
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Health Report
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Turkish
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Hungarian
- [ON TRACK] Awesomebar and Awesomescreen improvements
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] L10N foundation improvements
- [ON TRACK] UI for changing search engine default in add-on manager
- [ON TRACK] RSS/Atom feed handling
- [ON TRACK] API: Payments <== not exposed to users
- [AT RISK] Dynamic URL bar
Firefox 24: Embracing the Ecosystem (Nightly)
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] NFC bump for tab sharing
- [ON TRACK] Gecko Webview phase 1
- [ON TRACK] Geolocation services inc opt-in menu item
- [ON TRACK] Packaged apps foundations, but not exposed until the WebApp Experience has landed
- [ON TRACK] API: Web Audio
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare <== papercut bug 884566 - Don't show Bluetooth as the default Quick Share entry
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Icon rebrand
- [ON TRACK] Change default search engine for zh-CN
- [AT RISK] Set Top Box optimization
- [AT RISK] Directional game console navigation
- [AT RISK] Dynamic Snippets
- [AT RISK] API: Push notifications (won't be uplifted past beta?)
- [AT RISK] Add-on definition in distribution files
- [AT RISK] WebRTC platform support, preffed ON
- [ON TRACK] Added locales: en-GB, sv-SE and ca-ES
- [ON TRACK] SkiaGL improvement
- [ON TRACK] Mixed content
- [PLANNED] API: Contacts
- [PLANNED] Privileged apps support
- [PLANNED] About:home redesign
- [PROPOSED] API: Web activities
- [PROPOSED] Settings UI clean-up including search provider management
- [PROPOSED] Spatial Navigation (SNAV)
- [PROPOSED] API: Third-party Cloud storage
- [PROPOSED] API: Alarm
- [PROPOSED] API: Gamepad
- [PROPOSED] API: Bluetooth
- (satdav) - Can I suggest we move the agendas to etherpad if possible as would make it easier for the notes as then you dont need to refresh it
- nhirata - 2013-06-18 : 32,935 crashes 2,208,034 ADU 100% = 1.492%!!! Way to go guys!
- (rolandtanglao) Firefox for Android SUMO KB articles for beta (usually SUMO only documents GA, however we will document for beta if it's about data gathering or permissions)
- FF 23 Beta - An english stub article on Firefox Health Report will be available on FF 23 Beta release day on Tuesday June 25, 2013 (working with :abc of UX on this) and a fully localized FHR article will be available for FF23 General Release on August 6.
- FF 24 Beta - The existing Android permissions article will be tweaked and available in English for FF24 Beta on August 6, 2013 and available localized on FF 24 release day.