|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Protz (Jonathan Protzenko) for the awesome :
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel cake 3 numbers show a conversion rate of 34% compared to Funnel Cake 1 of 28.5%.
- Planning for Funnel Cake 4 to continue watching trend.
- ISPDB: 41% success rate. Top misses: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, interia.pl, locaweb.com.br, aon.at, netsolmail.net, telnet-ops.be, one.com, telenet.be, emailsrvr.com
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392): berkeley and maildir stores pass all mailnews xpcshell tests. Checking mozmill and mail xpcshell tests next.
- Thunderbird Conversations released. Thanks to everyone for relaying the news. This has been on Lifehacker, Reddit, GHacks, and various other websites. Lots of retweets.
- A few comments on Twitter and the blog post. Went from 92 downloads/day to 1500. Statistics were initially pretty good, except there hasn't been a significant increase in the number of users as I expected. Low retention rate, I suspect people are afraid of Trunk.
- Lots of bugs reported. Still a lot of open bugs. Managed to kill a few, the fixes are in the nightly versions.
- Next: Andy and Bryan have some work to do and a few things to help me on, I think we can aim for a new release maybe before Christmas with mostly bugfixes in, or maybe next year.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Landing OmniJAR today
- Active branches.
- Next Alpha: Early January.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.0.11 and 3.1.7 released.
- Planning to shut down 3.0.x nightly builds after Wednesday 15th, now that 3.0.x is end-of-life.
- The wiki page on the process for landing security patches has now been made generic so that it applies to all security and stability branches.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Major updates to 3.1
- 220.127.116.11 -> 3.1.7 Major Update refresh this week.
- Thunderbird Releases last week
- Working on global plan for next year
- Have a look at Thunderbird:Testing if you want to help :)
- Press Update: Lots of press on the latest update, tied to Firefox update press. Good coverage on Conversation View 1 2 3
- ADUs: 6.7MM TOtal ADUs, 15% on Thunderbird 2.x
- Attended Add-ons conference last week: slides/summary here and here
- This week - All Hands
- Buildbot 0.8: Upgraded
- Core Network overhauled
- Hardware racked, powering on
Build / Release Update
- Win32 builder issues - downgraded to Twisted 2.5.0
- More Mac64 builders on the way
- More Linux and Win32 builders on the new hardware. Will experiment.
- reviewed and pushed a bunch of website patches
- Broker(Account Provisioning back-end) in momo github
I (protz) just created a new wiki page Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels that lists all the communication channels we have. There's also a post on tb-planning. Please make sure you read the page (it's short) an add any items I might have forgotten. Once it's polished enough, we should probably link to this page from the official website, MDN, and other entry points for newcomers.
This tries to answer the concerns raised some time ago on mdat about the lack of communication. Update wanted for Thunderbird:Thunderbird_Post_3.1_Plan.
- Thunderbird and Verizon (bug 560631)
- Thunderbird FLOSS Manual - first edition
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 494 new support topics +17% from last week (423 last week; this week is still a bit down from normal, near Christmas effect?)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- Trialling Good Data enhanced analytics for Get Satisfaction - lots of great info-viz stuff, need to change it to weekly instead of monthly - example graphic of Average time to 1st Response to a GS topic in 2010 (it's decreasing which is good!): https://wiki.mozilla.org/File:Average_Time_to_First_Reply_by_Topic_2010-_GoodData.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.