Mozilla and FOSS Assistive Technology Meetup
Date and Location
September 28 to October 2nd, 2015, at the Mozilla Toronto Office.
- Joanmarie Diggs (Igalia)
- James Teh (NVAccess)
- Frédéric Wang (AcceSciTech Project)
- Mozilla Corporation accessibility team (Mozilla Corporation)
- Gijs Kruitbosch (Mozilla, Firefox Desktop)
- Sina Bahram (Prime Access Consulting)
- Multiprocess Firefox testing and triage, and planning for performance.
- Discussion and further implementation of MathML/Math MSAA/IAccessible2 interface in Gecko for Windows and NVDA.
- Discussion and further implementation of MathML/ATK+AT-SPI2 interface in Gecko for GNU/Linux and Orca.
- Discussion of new accessibility features to be built into Firefox.
- Demonstration of Web facing accessibility API prototype clients.
- Mobile Ux Collab
- Ux (wait for Sina)
- API discussion
- "What does NVDA do?" (High-level, so Joanie can implement similar behavior in Orca)
- Interacting with expressions (commands and spoken result; let's make a table on the wiki like we did for MathML expressions)
- Braille (also associated implications w.r.t. parsing/exposure of MathML)
- Desktop - notification experience
- Linux a11y polish
- Windows status
- Text issues
- great or dead
- Jamie. Perf degradation over time.
- Joanie + Jamie:
- Are all their know bugs filed?
- "Hack share" (tips and tricks each uses to work around known text bugs)
- Top secret phone project :)
- Eitan demo a11y dev tool work
- A11y of dev tools
- Web facing a11y API status
- Highlighting API?
- 9-10 planning
- 10-12 heads down
- After lunch TBD during lunch
- Yura, Eitan, phone feedback session