Since our first All Hands in Portland (previously called coincidental work week), we've aimed to have highly committed and impactful contributors, collaborators, and volunteers join the event, integrated with employees. The Open Innovation Team is accountable for the process of getting the "right" people to the All Hands, and has established a best practice for this.
(For your reference: This current process is largely based on lessons we've synthesized from the past gatherings.)
This page outlines the nomination and selection process that will be used for the Whistler All Hands.
The goals of the nomination process are:
- Invite contributors, collaborators and volunteers who are important to the success of and have a high level of commitment to specific projects, teams or Mozilla overall
- Have contributors and employees working in an integrated way -- during and immediately before and after the All Hands
- Mozilla teams are thinking about contributors strategically
- A process that has legitimacy with contributors and employees
|Step||Start date||End date|
|1) Team nominations -- staff nominate contributors (different process by team ... run by Organization Designate)||March 19||April 1|
|2) Review and final prioritization||April 1||April 5|
|3) Invitations go out||April 5||-|
|4) Registration and flight booking → information about this will be on another page||April 5||April 15|
|5) Working with contributors and teams on their plans for integration/communication → plan for this will be on another page||April 5||June 17|
- We are emphasizing greater gender balance for nominated contributors -- based on the past, our hope is to have 30% non-male contributors attending
There will be no "open nominations" from non-employees this time.
The following individuals are collecting contributor nominations from employees for their respective parts of the organization. You will have heard from them, but please reach out directly if you want to nominate a volunteer.
|Organization||Name of Org Designate(s)|
|Firefox/Product||Mike Hoye (mhoye)|
|Emerging Technologies||Nancy Hang (nhang)|
|Operations (incl Open Innovation)||Lucy Harris (lharris)|
Organization Designates will be accountable for:
- Creating/curating a contributor nomination process for their part of Mozilla
- Communicating within their organization about this process
- Making final prioritization decisions (if needed)
- Ensuring a good process across their organization to be in contact with/prepare contributors who have been invited
Number of Contributors
We have space for roughly 90 contributors.
Criteria for contributor nominees
Please first get in touch with your Organization Designate if you have questions about how to nominate a contributor or how the selection process will proceed.
If you have questions about the process in general, please get in touch with George Roter.