If you are interested in Open Source Electronics and Robots, or just make something smile or blink, join us for Arduino hack-nights in Mozilla Mountain View office!
What is Arduino?
- Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
- >> Read more about it
- Inexpensive - The least expensive version of the Arduino module can be assembled by hand, and even the pre-assembled Arduino modules cost less than $50.
- Simple, clear programming environment - The Arduino programming environment is easy-to-use for beginners, yet flexible enough for advanced users to take advantage of as well. It requires little programing background to start with.
- Open source and extensible software/hardware - There are many libraries available to adopt or explore, and you can easily get spare parts from hardware store or your own garage.
- Cross-platform - The Arduino software runs on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
What do you need to start with?
- Buy Arduino UNO board on Amazon (Arduino has several pre-assembled boards and the latest model is called UNO!)
- Download the Arduino Software (Mac or PC)
Every Tuesday or Thursday? Proposing your first available date!
- June 9th, Thursday, 6:30 - 8:30pm (+3)
- June 10th, Friday, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- June 14th, Tuesday ,6:30 - 8:30pm (+1)
Q: Can we include a Monday/Wednesday/Friday, as opposed to just Tuesday/Thursday?