< Auto-tools | Goals
The A*team's top level goals this quarter are as follows:
- [DONE] Support the B2G and platform team by moving existing automation to that platform as well as expanding automation on B2G and B2G devices for basecamp deliverables.
- [DONE] Expand Mobile testing platforms for B2G and Fennec Native to include user devices, NEON Chipsets (panda boards), and ARMv6 (Beagle boards).
- [DONE] Establish new Datazilla system as a useful tool for capturing and diagnosing talos performance regressions on a per-push basis, as well as capturing data for network and B2G performance tests.
- NOTE: This is largely a change to the data harvesting and analysis side of the Talos system (even though some changes are required to the test harness and tests themselves). We will not be replacing existing Talos data harvesting system in Q3. By the end of Q3, we want to have the new performance data harvesting and analysis system Datazilla to a point at which it can shadow the old system and we can use Q4 to verify that the new approach captures just as many regressions as the old system does. Potential timeframe for conversion of the old system to the new Datazilla system is in Q1 2013 (earliest "thumb in the wind" estimate).
- [MISSED] Upgrade BMO to 4.2, deploy tracking flags optimizations, UX improvements (comment tagging, mid-air resolution)
- [DONE] Make TBPL More Orange aware to make it easier to file intermittent orange bugs, and so that we can more adequately track (and therefore address) issues around android-related and memory leak intermittent failures
- [DONE] Enable QA and contributors to increase their skills and participation by crafting automated tests for B2G and desktop smoketests by providing examples, mentoring, and documentation
We will be tracking our progress against these goals in Pivotal Tracker this quarter as an experiment. Feel free to check out our tracker.