Current Manual Testing
Top 500 addons
- no plans to allow addons to 'call home' - we will still be working in the talos testing environment where we are proxied to localhost, so there will be no live web interaction
- no current plans to interact with the addon (no clicks, no visiting specific pages)
- this sort of perf test would have to be designed/built per-addon to get the most bang for the buck
- integrate into buildbot and have run on production machines
- how frequently?
- which tests?
- for now, we'll limit to clean ts starts with just the addon installed
- where would the list of addons be maintained?
- where do we download the addons from?
- results reported as .csv files
- where should these be sent?
- do we want the data on the graph server?
- how do we compare the results?