These tools allow Firefox developers to quickly and efficiently find regressions in mozilla-central. Current tools in this suite include
- mozregression - interactive regression range finder that uses mozilla's nightly builds
- mozcommitbuilder - general purpose building and regression-hunting tool that does branch-aware bisecting and takes a condition script (allows automatic regression hunting when supplied with an automated test)
Unused / Deprecated tools include
- moztrybuilder - client that allows a user to request [branch unaware] bisection via pushlog and that builds on try
- moztrypusher - a server that maintains a fresh local trunk and takes changeset requests to push to tryserver for builds
- hooks into mozcommitbuilder (optionally) for exact changeset regression hunting
- enables quick interactive bisection using the nightly builds
- allows a user to supply a condition script for fully automatic regression hunting
- pulls a fresh mozilla-central trunk / supplies custom mozconfig and bisects by wrapping hg's bisect command (branch aware as of hg 1.9)
- api allows other tools to use it to download a trunk or to perform other operations
These tools are not currently known to be in use but are still available on github.
- Bisection build tool like mozcommitbuilder, except it builds by sending requests to moztrypusher which uses try to build (as opposed to building firefox locally)
- Build server that can run on any build box e.g an AWS instance. Only requires python and some minor packages.
How it works: