Auto-tools/Projects/Signal From Noise/Meetings/2012-04-26
Previous Action Items
- [jeads] post graphs source to github
- [jmaher] figure out the [numbers sent to christina]
- bug 741147 - maybe get 32 bit machine reimaged (eta Friday)
- [ctalbert] - find 3 more developers to do weekly review of UI and toolchain by a*team workweek
- [ctalbert] - setup meeting for developers to do review of UI
- [jhammel] - AnalyzeThis! demo + docs
- [jeads] - decide on data retention and database usage (i.e. tokuDB)
- nothing to report
- synchronization scripts from production->staging?
- broken by colo move, sheeri is working on it
- pushing x+y axes scaling soon (probably next week)
- The data view displaying the summary of all test runs was starting to take 10-20 seconds to load. To speed things up, I wrote a caching system that uses memcached to cache 7 day and 30 day test run summary data structures for all product/branch/version combinations.
- This cache needs to persist if memcached gets rebooted so the json structures are stored in a new table in the schema.
- There is a single script in the datazilla repository that manages constructing the datastructures, database cache store, and populating memcached. https://github.com/jeads/datazilla/blob/master/controller/admin/populate_summary_cache.py
- Some of the individual objects cached exceeded 1MB so they had to be compressed in the memcache.
- Also automated the construction of test collections which show up in the control panel. After discussing the application with Ed Morley this seems like a reasonable first approach.
- A VM is now available for testing the UI. See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Projects/Signal_From_Noise#UI_Prototype for instructions to reach it
- Put datazilla in a rep that can be reached at: https://github.com/jeads/datazilla . I still have a ways to go on the README but it's a start.
- do we need the aux data
- do we need the json blobs
- [jmaher] - give christina the fedora32 data
- [christina] - present a final model for the data
- [jhammel] - AnalyzeThis use cases/timelines and blog post
- [jeads] - load times
- [ctalbert] - setup meeting with 3 developers to run through new graphs UI
- test the vm, graphs3.14 database toolchain