Release a minimally viable TBPL version 2 replacement by the end of the quarter. This should include the following components.
- New schema that meets the demands of the new functional specification. This schema should be populated with a full load of production data.
- Pulse consumer that translates the pulse data stream into a format that tree herder can ingest and can be plugged into the development database at any time.
- Web service with data ingestion end points and a minimal set of data presentation end points for driving the new UI.
- Bare bones UI that presents per push data with no hard coded reference data in it.
Approach and Milestones
- This project's bugzillaname is treeherder (for the whiteboard flags)
- TODO: Ensure that bugs are tracked using the whiteboard flags described here.
Milestone 1 -- April 1 - April 5
- [DONE] Get the data going into pulse from buildbot understood and streamlined so that we can fill the treeherder schema properly
- [DONE] Assign bugs to releng team to fix pulse inputs
Milestone 2 -- April 8 - April 19
- [MISSED] Releng fixes buildbot to properly send data into pulse
- [DONE] Attach the new pulse consumer to the data ingestion methods and start writing production data to the development database.
- [MISSED] Use this set up to estimate data growth rate, challenge technology choices, and drive discussion with IT about re-purposing the existing TBPL hardware for tree herder or acquiring new physical assets to meet the demands of the new system.
- [DONE] TreeHerder object model tested with live data, make any necessary adjustments to the schema to accommodate live data.
- [MISSED] Integrate log parsing into treeherder workflow.
- [MISSED] Integrate status mapping into treeherder workflow.
Milestone 3 - May 20 - 2 weeks
- [DONE] Use regex's to parse and track data from buildbot instead of pulse stream
- [ON TRACK] Use this set up to estimate data growth rate, challenge technology choices, and drive discussion with IT about re-purposing the existing TBPL hardware for tree herder or acquiring new physical assets to meet the demands of the new system.
- [DONE] Integrate log parsing into treeherder workflow.
- [DONE] Integrate status mapping into treeherder workflow.
- Web services created for accessing data from treeherder schema
- [DONE] Pulse backend libraries updated to enhance stability
- (ongoing) UI work begins on new Tree Herder front end
Milestone 4 - Planned
- [DEFER] UI work completed
- [DEFER] Web Service find/fix cycle
- [DONE] New pulse libraries deployed