B2G/Firefox OS Portal
A Portal for New Firefox OS Contributors
This page targets the "new to Firefox OS" participant or potential participant.
But I Just Want to HACK NOW!!
To Device or not to Device
There are many ways to get involved with Firefox OS, and not all of them require that you have a Firefox OS mobile device.
To get a Firefox OS reference phone or tablet, head over to ....
Setting up Mozilla Accounts
Firefox OS (and most Mozilla projects) tracks issues in Bugzilla. If you don't have a Bugzilla account, you'll want to create one [right here].
Some Firefox OS development and tracking happens at GitHub. If you don't have an account, you can make one [here].
(You may also want to get set up with accounts at [MDN], [Mozillians], and [wiki.mo] while you're at it. If you're going to be around for a while, you'll eventually want them.)
Hacking Firefox OS
- Getting the code
- Creating a Patch
- Attaching a Patch in Bugzilla
Filing bugs on Firefox OS
Triaging incoming Firefox OS bug reports
Primary Documentation Repositories
As you get up to speed in the Firefox OS project, you're going to be navigating several sites frequently. These are the primary Mozilla-hosted documentation sources.
- Firefox OS on MDN The Mozilla Developer Network is where you'll find XXX kinds Firefox OS documentation.
- B2G on WikiMo B2G on the Mozilla Wiki is where you'll find XXX types of documentation.
- Firefox OS on WikiMo Firefox OS on the Mozilla Wiki is where you'll find ...
The Firefox OS project is ....
Firefox OS Functional Teams
- Firefox OS Functional Teams links to a description of the Firefox OS Functional Teams. This wiki contains additional links to:
- FT Backlogs
- FT Etherpads
- FT Mailing lists
- FT Managers
- Component Owners is an Etherpad with the names of component owners.
Firefox OS L10n
- FxOS L10n Planning links to the L10n roadmap and plan. It includes tables of currently supported languages per release.
Firefox OS UX
- FxOS Haida links to information related to the Firefox OS Haida initiative.