From MozillaWiki
< B2G‎ | Meeting
Jump to: navigation, search




  • <ateam> (mdas, jgriffin, ahal, wlach) - updated 11/27
  • This week:
    • rolled out a new stable update today
    • ahal is working on expanding set of reftests being run on TBPL
    • ahal is working on adding support for running xpcshell tests in TBPL
    • malini, myself and others continue to work on supporting WebQA's automation of gaia smoke tests by fixing Marionette bugs and implementing enhancements
    • several people are working with rel-eng to try and get gaia smoke tests in running on pandas by Dec 10
      • have pref based work around for bug 800138, still need to follow up on what the right fix should be to start marionette after final-ui-startup but running with system context
      • Have fix for pandas do not boot with network enabled
      • Mozpool ready for roll out.
  • Last week:
    • Emulator tests on TBPL are again unhidden!
    • ahal is working on a bunch of minor issues to help make the tests more stable.
    • mdas and jgriffin are working to help stabilize Gaia smoke test automation. Currently, they are running (but buggy) in WebQA's Jenkins CI. Our goal is to get these into TBPL by Dec 10, either running on pandas or an emulator.
    • Gaia issues that are impacting our ability to reliably automate gaia include https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812541 (launching issues) and the fact that apps have many different ways of "hiding" elements
  • <QA team> (Geo, Jason, Tony)
  • This Week


    • Regressions, regressions, regressions. Smoketest bugs are still hovering around ~16 a day, with some still not being commented or resolved within 24 hours. What can we do to continue driving priority on fixing these?


    • QA tested a tinderbox build for unagi
    • platform bugs are being bb-'d if its unagi only? (photo preview issue, busted geolocation-bug 815217)
    • Status on bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812396
      • Can we get this in as part of the build process ?
    • Logging discussion from earlier this week: default to no logs affects only Gaia logs? What about dogfooders?
    • Continuing to manually triage existing mochitests for addition into the manifest running on TBPL. Have found a significant number in /layout, a few elsewhere. Some fruit, slow going.
    • Working on automated method to walk the mochitests, execute file-by-file, and find passing candidates for inclusion. Spidering tests is easy, but framework hangs at the end of single test runs so execution is a little more complicated due to that.
    • dclarke driving effort to get permissions handling for functional API testing centralized into the mochitest harness. A-Team is providing harness knowledge, need more help from dev for B2G knowledge (fabrice?): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=814140
    • Progress continues on permissions testing w/ Security Assurance. Patches starting to show up on Bugzilla. Suite 1 & 3: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=811141 and Suite 2: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815105
    • Apps - supported defining preloaded apps scope, including the testing piece, burning down exploratory testing. Getting ramped up on privileged app testing.
  • Last week:

BLOCKERS Builds have been full of bustage in the last 5 days, mostly gaia work, but some b2g regressions - Bustage on apps like dialer, video, gallery

    • Bug 810427 - Device storage - Add access fields to permission checks
    • Bug 813357 - nsDOMDeviceNotification doesn't give IPDL a strong reference


  • Adding more QA contractors (up to 15) to test execution, runs, and filing bugs
    • Work on increasing default privilege level of mochitests is delayed while A-Team concentrates on emulator issues in TBPL.
    • API team working on triaging existing mochitests. Areas currently being looked at are /layout, /caps, and /docshell.
    • Some permissions test work submitted at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=811141 (Suites 1 and 3 from https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/API_Permissions_Test_Plan ) Suite 2 still being debugged.
    • Note - Lots of new Gaia bug components have been created, along with bugs being migrated to those components
    • Apps - Identity ramp up done, unblocked on apps testing, trusted UI + mozPay testing first pass done
  • <Release Engineering> (Aki) - Updated on Nov27
  • This week:
  • Last week:
    • (DONE) otoro builds live + green on m-c, m-a, m-b
    • (DONE) unagi builds verified by QA
      • Does anyone have questions/concerns about our otoro or unagi builds? Please let us know if there are any switchover blockers, because we're ready to proceed with these.
    • physical panda board setup (for both native fennec or b2g)
      • 6 new racks of pandas installed (528 boards)
      • met with IT+ateam to determine rollout steps
      • ordered 800, rest in transit
  • <product team> (Chris Lee)
    • This week:
      • v1.1 release is in the works with a short list of requirements
    • Last week:
      • User story audits happening this week.
      • We are meeting with TEF next week to review the overall program (Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Apps, BD, etc.)
      • Working with release management to prioritize all dogfood blockers to kick off the program asap
      • Coordinating with OEM partners on software updates
      • Working with the team on prioritizing remaining feature work
  • <PMO team> (Kevin Hu, Dietrich, Michael)
    • This week:
      • Lots of partner negotiations
      • Performance, visual design bug criteria
      • Multi-market deployment plans
  • <Release Management> (Alex Keybl, Lukas Blakk)
  • This week (no voice updates/attendance Alex is sick and Lukas is in EST)
  • Last week:
    • Dogfooding:
      • Pulled today's update since it was bricking phones http://bugzil.la/815895 -- will be gathering logs today/tomorrow to try and help with investigation
      • Preparing to expand 140 additional phones to remote employees (signup announce going out today)
        • Blockers to expansion: updates moving to 'beta' channel, LDAP-auth dir for promoted builds in case people need to access for flashing (ETA end of week)
      • This week and next data-driven re-assess of tester participation and update pings to keep phones in most active users' hands
      • Will be doing a push on flashing phones to post-FOTA update and getting people's phone numbers in Phonebook for SMS and dialer testing 'games' in coming weeks
    • Convergence:
      • C1 bugs have either been blocking-basecamp:-'d or moved into C2 at this point.
      • C1 landing process extended for another week. Gecko developers - you MUST land on m-c, m-a, and m-b.
      • C2 bugs take priority over everything but P1/Critical (which should already be C2). See http://bit.ly/QKdwGX for the full query.
      • Only a couple of weeks from branching Gecko and starting the mozilla-b2g18 repo
      • Continued discussions around B2G updates
  • Developer Documentation (sheppy)
    • This week:
      • not in attendence

User Documentation & Support

(Michelle has a conflict today, just read the wiki)

  • Dogfooding and sending feedback summaries
  • Mobile redeisgn is landing and looking good
  • Action on the in-product links to support from Settings, thanks for the help there
  • Eveything.me will contribute help articles and forum support to SUMO per verbal agreement last week
  • TEF cancelled our meeting this week, so no new SLA progress
  • Starting training documentation outlines and scheduling
  • Based on 'second freeze' features coming in, I'd like to plan on conducting doc reviews during the last weeks of November, so we can incorporate all changes in early Dec.

Status updates


APIs/Platform Work

  • Payments+Identity (Ferjm, Badida, Jedp, Caitlyn)
    • 5 more on-device bugs to fix before ready for e2e testing
    • waiting on eta from caitlyn
  • Automatic updates (Marshall, Fabrice, clee) - updated on 11/20
   First dogfood FOTA pushed out, still collecting data, but initial success rate looks good. Some bad errors have been filed, and patches are currently being worked on.
   Incremental gecko OTA update tools landed
   First successful FOTA built from code aurora AOSP, will have an incremental FOTA in hand soon

This week:

   Start testing w/ incremental FOTA and gecko OTA
   Document existing update tools and update build support

Previous weeks:

   Landed update interval change in settings for gaia + gecko
   Landed update URL support for %PRODUCT_MODEL% (i.e. "unagi1")
   Landed initial update tools for gecko-wrapped FOTA updates. Incremental gecko OTA update support currently in pull request (need to follow up on review)
   Setup a "fake" FOTA w/ jgriffin, verified w/ tchung. Will push out the first "real" FOTA to fix camera rotation when the next build is blessed as stable
   Patch in progress for "nice"ing the updater process (used in both OTA and FOTA updates)
   POC / demo for Peter La's new FOTA installing animation during the work week
   Tons of meetings w/ OEMs / internal release drivers to figure out our overall update plan
  • Camera (Mike Habicher) - Updated on 11/27 -- unable to attend call this week
    • This Week:
      • laptop hard drive died again; am ditching the Ubuntu-in-VMware model to see if that helps; if not, will revert to drives with spinny bits of aluminum in them
      • bug 809259 - bb+ - REOPENED
        • apparently can still reproduce this, but with a new/different failure mechanism
        • will investigate once laptop is restored, likely fork to a new bug
    • Last Week:
      • bug 800627 - bb+: recording doesn't start
        • fixed with latest changes on github--outstanding legal issues with file distribution?
      • bug 809259 - bb+ - LANDED: camera crashes when rapidly switching between picture and video modes
      • bug 813190 - bb+ - LANDED: MediaStreams hang onto last-played frame until GC
    • In The Queue:
      • bug 795332: "record-size" option may be deprecated in favour of "video-size"
        • not a big issue for Otoro, since the camera hw only supports one video stream, and its properties come from "preview-size"
      • bug 789067 - PATCH READY: clean up extraneous abstract ICameraControl class
        • patch posted to bug, still waiting on (increasingly obselete :) review
      • bug 786756 - PATCH READY: exposing more camera frobs
      • bug 813685: lag between camera and viewfinder
        • about 1/3rd of a second lag between moving the phone and updating the viewfinder
  • RIL: Cell broadcast (Vicamo) - Updated on 11/27
  • Bug 778093: B2G RIL: support Cell Broadcast
    • Address review comments, rewrite some IPC code in order not to broadcast messages to unrelated content process.