August 12th, 2015
- TW/EU session: Shako, Walter, Martijn, Johan
- US/EU: John, Martijn, Johan, PBylenga, oliverthor
Previous Action Items
- [IN PROGRESS] [atsai] Find external resources to port Gip to Gij
- [Nearly done - just a one-liner :) ] pyang: Create a script to push the package to Pypi
-  jlorenzo: document the output of the parser. loosen the regex for id (they don't accept numbers at the moment)
- [IN REVIEW] Silne30: get the bitbar brick test up Do you mean https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1156332 here? That one https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1188473
- [DONE] Pallavi to follow up with the person in MTV for remote interns
- [DONE] jlorenzo to talk to mermi
- She is highly motivated
- [DONE] jlorenzo to follow up on the bitbar plugin with dave hunt
- The new version of the plugin has been shipped
- You can use the link below to get more information about what TPE folks doing before end of next Friday (it require the registration on scrum desk)
Status Highlights / Agenda
- Gip to Gij
- Gip was hidden on treeherder in order to make the suite an end-to-end suite (not an integration suite anymore). b2g-desktop doesn't have all the features it has on device. Hence, we can't run end-to-end tests perfectly there. The emulator might be a good place to run end-to-end tests, if we could make actual phone calls for instance.
- The other reason was that Gip was often broken by devs and the QA team was ping'd to help developer to fix their own PR.
- Gij was too flaky to run on device, that's why we decided to keep using Python to perform end-to-end testing. Geo was handling that part. Nobody exactly knows what are the details.
- Jenkins issue
- Bug 1192299 - https://pvtbuilds.mozilla.org returns 401 from jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com
- One of the plugin (envinject) had a regression.
- Automation in TW http://app.scrumdesk.com/#/projects/5615/plan Sprint 3 (Aug. 11-21)
- MTBF [Shako, Paul]:
- Collecting and pushing results to raptor
- Setup aries test run
- Let runner's logging module work when runner hang
- MCTS - Mozilla Certification Test Suite [Walter]:
- Repair broken tests
- Moztrap - Mozilluminate [shing/kinder]: Continue on it
- Flash tool [Askeing]: Refactor to have a better adb driver.
- try on b2g-util: https://github.com/askeing/b2g-util-python
- MTBF [Shako, Paul]:
- Dogfood suite
- At mid-quarter, we haven't started yet (due to several infrastructure issues). Let's get started and track everything at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RNVZbWiqc4n4h0ftlzzdYJ-a7Iu0YZEQZUfMEOJj3Co/edit#gid=0
- Heads up about the dogfood suite
- It has more breadth than a regular user would do on a daily basis. Peter will work out with Doug Sherk to get a new smaller suite for dogfood. At the moment, the automation team will work with the current list (see above). This might be a good goal for Q4.
- Decisions & Action Items ==
- No AI.