- ADB - download and install the SDK for Windows.
- Taskcluster access to download builds full builds
- Download the aries.zip file from here:
Channel settings can be found in Settings -> Developer. In order to see the Developer submenu if you do not see it, you will need to turn on the developer setting in Settings -> Device Information -> More Information.
- dogfood : QA tested and approved builds gecko/gaia OTA build
- dogfood-test : staging for QA testers to test the build to verify that we can OTA from a build
- dogfood-latest : QA has not tested this, the raw OTA gecko/gaia latest builds from Mozilla-Central
Information in regards to the latest news on the channels can be found here.
- b2g util for checking b2g versions, backing up and restoring profiles, resetting the phone and more
- Make sure you have the prereq items installed. Python and github is not needed if you are not going to use the b2g-utl-python tool
- download the appropriate builds
- unzip the aries.zip file
- download the flash script
- place the flash script in the b2g-distros
- plug the phone into the computer
- make sure that the device is set to allow adb access ( Settings -> developer -> ADB only )
- make sure the phone is on and not screenlocked
- run flash_win.bat
- after the device reboots, go through the FTU.
- set the appropriate channel. Default is the dogfood channel which should be the appropriate for most foxfooders.
The device if set to dogfood channel or dogfood-latest channel should automatically detect updates every day.
Force OTA check
- go to settings -> device information
- select Check for Updates button