Note: These activities should be completed before or at the same time we have the merge for the next major release of Firefox.
Adding a new "rapid release" version to Firefox/Core/Thunderbird
During the days before a merge date check in with the Release Management team and ask when they want to increment the fields.
- Look for a bug with the title release tracking flag refresh (
- If you don't find it, clone the bug for the most recent version
- If you still can't find it create a BMO:: Administration bug to track the new versions/milestones
- Use subject: release tracking flag refresh (
Status and Release Flags
The flags for release status and tracking are created with the release tracking flags administration page, not the "custom fields" page.
- Create a copy of the current release's version of the following flags, updating the name and sort-order:
- copy cf_tracking_firefoxN to cf_tracking_firefoxN+1
- copy cf_status_firefoxN to cf_status_firefoxN+1
Only members of the
mozilla-next-drivers group may set a tracking flag to something other than ?. Members of the
canconfirm group can set status flags or set a tracking flag to ?.
- copy cf_tracking_thunderbirdN to cf_tracking_thunderbirdN+1
- copy cf_status_thunderbirdN to cf_status_thunderbirdN_1
- edit the flags for previous (now released) versions (N-3) and uncheck 'active':
- update cf_tracking_firefox_relnote (which is relnote-firefox in the UI) (add N+1, disable N-3 except for ESR)
- update the current esr tracking field: cf_tracking_firefox_esr* (add N+2)
- Use the milestone admin page to add new milestones
- The template strings listed may not be the only forms of string in the lists of milestones
- Move the --- milestone marker to between N-1 and N for all products where a milestone was added
- Leave all milestones from most recent ESR to nightly (and '---' and 'Future') active. Disable others
- Don't delete old milestones
- Chat Core: "Instantbird N"
- Cloud Services: "Firefox N"
- Core: "mozillaN"
- DevTools: "Firefox N"
- Firefox: "Firefox N"
- Firefox Build System: "mozillaN"
- Firefox for Android: "Firefox N"
- Firefox Health Report: "Firefox N"
- Instantbird: "Instantbird N"
- MailNews Core: "Thunderbird N.0"
- Mozilla Localizations: "mozillaN"
- Mozilla QA: "mozillaN"
- Other Applications: "mozillaN"
- Taskcluster: "mozillaN"
- Testing: "mozillaN"
- Thunderbird: "Thunderbird N.0"
- Toolkit: "mozillaN"
- WebExtensions: "mozillaN"
Use the version admin page to add new versions.
- Chat Core "NN"
- Core: "NN Branch"
- DevTools: "NN Branch"
- Firefox: "NN Branch"
- Firefox Build System: "NN Branch"
- Firefox for Android: "Firefox NN"
- Firefox Health Report: "NN Branch"
- Instantbird "NN"
- MailNews Core: "NN"
- Mozilla QA: "NN Branch"
- Tech Evangelism: "Firefox NN"
- Testing: "NN Branch"
- Thunderbird: "NN Branch"
- Toolkit: "NN Branch"
- WebExtensions: "NN Branch"
Adding a "rapid release" version to SeaMonkey
To determine the correct version number to add, check with a SeaMonkey owner first (Callek, or any member of the SeaMonkey Council).
these steps use 2.27 as an example.
use the release tracking flags admin page to:
- copy the prior flags and edit as per firefox
- copy cf_tracking_seamonkey226 to cf_tracking_seamonkey_227
- copy cf_status_seamonkey226 to cf_status_seamonkey_227
- deactivate old flags for previous (now released) versions (N-4)
- deactivate cf_tracking_seamonkey223 and cf_status_seamonkey223
use the milestone admin page to:
- add a new milestone "seamonkey2.27"
- move the --- milestone marker to between seamonkey2.26 and seamonkey2.27
use the version admin page to:
- add a new version "SeaMonkey 2.27 Branch"