This is the main public page for all things related to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org, aka b.m.o, Mozilla's customized version of Bugzilla. Here you can find information such as who is actively maintaining and contributing to b.m.o and what tasks are currently being worked on. Other information such as recent meeting minutes, and current release schedules can also be found here.
- dkl: Dave Lawrence (Owner/Engineer)
- glob: Byron Jones (Owner/Engineer)
- mcote: Mark Côté (Overseer/Dark Lord)
- justdave: Dave Miller (Admin)
- gerv: Gervase Markham (Grease Gun)
- reed: Reed Loden (Engineer/Admin [Volunteer])
- lizzard: Liz Henry (Bugmaster)
Bugzilla Tips and Other Useful Documentation
- BMO Tips (Webdev)
- Bugzilla for Humans
- Setting up your own BMO development environment
- Best practices and etiquette for integrating external apps with BMO
Information About BMO
- Discussion forum is mozilla.tools.bmo [mailing list] [Google Group] [USENET]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Requesting Changes to BMO
- BMO Hardware Diagram
- Hacking on BMO
- Info and plans on Bugzilla's REST API and BMO-specific modifications/extensions
- Looking for another way to access Bugzilla's raw data? Try the ElasticSearch cluster.
Policies and Procedures
- bugzilla.mozilla.org will receive normal code updates every Thursday at no specific time if changes need to be pushed out.
- Security fixes or other fatal type errors will always go out as soon as possible.
- Adding a new "rapid release" version
- Adding a new BMO security group
- Planning a BMO outage
- Restoring Disabled Accounts
- Retiring Products and Components Moving things to the Graveyard classification.
This table lists the bugs representing the current quarterly goals. Those that were set at the beginning of the quarter are tagged with the keyword "bmo-goal". The BMO team also regularly gets requests for high-priority work items throughout the quarter; those that will take more than a day or two in total, thus potentially jeopardizing other goals, are included below, tagged with "bmo-big". The daily smaller tasks are also generally tracked in Bugzilla but not represented in the table below.
P1 indicates a critical project. P2 indicates an important but deferrable item. P3 is as P2 but more deferrable. Note that all items are important, and it is presumed that lower-priority items will increase in priority over time as high-priority tasks are completed, i.e., we don't plan to defer any of these tasks indefinitely.
|880669||P1||Extend current BzAPI BMO extension to contain compatibility changes on top of native rest||ASSIGNED||dkl||bmo-goal|
|489028||P3||Record last-visited time of bugs when logged in||ASSIGNED||dylan||bmo-big, relnote|
|993218||P1||Only allow users with editbugs to log in and perform actions||NEW||bmo-big|
|993222||P1||Disallow reviews for confidential bugs||NEW||bmo-big|
|993225||P1||Upload Review Board review URL to Bugzilla as attachment||NEW||bmo-big|
|993229||P1||Display useful error when auth token is no longer valid||NEW||bmo-big|
|993232||P1||Mirror comments back to Bugzilla||NEW||bmo-big|
|993227||P2||Integrate suggested reviewers||NEW||bmo-big|
|993233||P2||Allow Bugzilla auth tokens to be used with Review Board web API calls||NEW||bmo-big|
|993235||P2||Mirror flag changes back to Bugzilla||NEW||bmo-big|
|956390||P3||Add suggested reviewers capability to the ui review flag||ASSIGNED||dkl||bmo-big|
= $all-$resolved ?> Open; = $resolved ?> Resolved; = $all ?> Total (0% complete)
Further documentation about goals above and other projects follows:
- User Roles
- Generate different user roles based on what tasks a user is trying to complete when using the BMO system.
- Change Notification System
- Support for scalable push-based notifications of bug updates.
Some of these will have on-going maintenance and improvements, but the initial deployment has been accomplished. Others have been abandoned or rejected due to various factors, noted below.
- 4.0 Upgrade
- 4.2 Upgrade (Completed March 5th, 2013)
- User Profiles
- Tracking Flags
- Native REST API
- Pulse Integration
- This was completed and deployed, but it generated a lot of traffic and is of questionable utility since it must access Bugzilla as an anonymous user. A simpler, more general system is the Change Notification System.
- Migrating Bugzilla and BMO code from bzr to git
- Completed 2014/03/11.
News related to b.m.o.