Main | Task Force | SOP | Events | FAQ
Frequantly Asked Questions
- What is Mozilla?
- Mozilla is a global, nonprofit organization dedicated to making the Web better. We emphasize principle over profit, and believe that the Web is a shared public resource to be cared for, not a commodity to be sold. We work with a worldwide community to create open source products like Mozilla Firefox, and to innovate for the benefit of the individual and the betterment of the Web. The result is great products built by passionate people and better Web choices for everyone.
- What is Mozilla mission?
- Our mission is to promote openness, innovation & opportunity on the Web. we’re a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. We believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future. For even more details read the Mozilla Manifesto.
- What is Mozilla Bangladesh?
- Mozilla has hundreads of community established worwide. Mozilla Bangladesh is one of them. Mozilla Bangladesh formed on late 2009 in Dhaka with a launch event of Firefox 3.5. Now its a big family of lots of contributors. It is one of the most active Mozilla communities in Asia.
- Is Mozilla Bangladesh is officially recognized?
- Yes Mozilla Bangladesh officially recognized by Mozilla. All the activities is coordinated with Mozilla.
- What Mozilla Bangladesh do?
- Mozilla Bangladesh enlighten the Mozilla philosophy through out the mass people. Mozilla Bangladesh aware people about the open web & open source freedom. We are a community of Mozillians. Who's are contributing to Mozilla for a better web.
- How can I contact with Mozilla Bangladesh?
- There is number of ways you can contact with us.
- I want to organize an event related to Mozilla. What should I do?
- Thanks for your approach. Please read this first & open a discussion post in our mailing list or Facebook group.
- What is Open Web?
- Open Web is a movement to ensuring your freedom on the web. It ensure you to publish contents on the web with open standards. It confirms your independance to access the contents on the web. Gives you the rights to code & implements open standards.
- Who can be a contributor?
- Anybody who has a passion for Mozilla can join us. Check the contact option to contact us. And check the list of option to contribute here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/
- What is Mozilla Represtative?
- Mozilla Represtative aka Mozilla Reps aka ReMo is a program to empowering Mozillians in their regions. They are the eyes, ear & voice for mozilla. For more information check the Mozilla Reps program faq.
- What is Firefox Student Ambassadors?
- Firefox Student Ambassadors (FSA) is a subprogram under the Mozilla Reps program. Anyone involved with a University with 18 years of age can join this program. FSA helps to outreach mozilla mission in their campus. They are the next generation soldier of Open Web. For more information please check this link https://wiki.mozilla.org/StudentAmbassadors.
- What Firefox Club?
- Firefox Clubs are a core grouping of Student Ambassadors at your university or college. These Clubs work together on larger projects, campaigns, and events to promote Mozilla, our products, and our mission. More details can be found here.