Bouncer is a database driven mirror management app that has three main components - a bounce script, a sentry script to check mirrors and files for integrity and a set of web-based administration tools.
- MirrorNetwork - discussion about the copy of Bouncer currently in use at Mozilla and ideas and brainstorming of how to improve the process, whether it involves Bouncer or not.
- Sentry has many options for tests, testing schedules, trouble notifications and reports. What should be used? See the Scheduling and Reporting sections on this page: http://wiki.osuosl.org
- Sentry runs from one machine. What happens if that machine loses its connection to the network - suddenly all mirrors are marked bad because they're unreachable?
Nov 19, 2008
- understand requirements for Q4 goal
- differentiate between must-haves and nice-to-haves
- wind up with a more concrete list of requirements and schedule