Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- did not ship this morning
- just verified stage, going to release *right now*
- antennae load test continues
- changing configuration so we can aggregate logs and investigate boxes afterwards
- necessary to verify that logs going into grephost are actually the logs from the box
- manually updated the admin node, hopefully for the last time
- running the latest crontabber but still using a bash lock
Splitting out collector (Antenna)
- (willkg) Worked out cause of startup problems (s3 connections failing, not sending startup errors to Sentry, gunicorn starting too many processes)--Antenna has no configuration at startup. Tracked in bug 1342619.
- (willkg) Worked on determining dataloss possibilities. Pushed log parser to github. Work is tracked in bug 1348881.
- (willkg) Prepped Pigeon for monitoring. Work tracked in bug 1344037.
- (miles, mbrandt) Load tests to figure out good autoscaling parameters. Work tracked in bug 1342621.
Once we establish autoscaling configuration and determine what we can about dataloss, then we can move forward to the next phase where we connect Antenna -stage to Socorro -stage replacing the Socorro collectors. Maybe end of week?
- Correlations are done and gone
- Next step: middleware
- need to move a few remaining services to the webapp
- some new rules ported over
- likely going to pull this in
- PMap at first, PRecord later
- can use it to enforce schema throughout the transformation pipeline
- last call for comments: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1346883
- (Adrian) working on the ES 5.1 mapping
- currently working on mapping testing with real data
- (Adrian) interest in a signature generation service is coming back
- context is crash pings (Telemetry), ccorcoran is looking into having a service to generate a signature like ours from a stack trace
- could make the processor rewrite slightly easier
- prototype is here: https://github.com/adngdb/crash-signature-service/
- (peterbe) New validate_and_test.py vastly improved
- will help prevent bad edits to crash_report.json
- still not perfect, and not enforced or automated
- filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1349633
- lonnen out monday, friday of next week available in between intermittently
- miles in the bay next week