Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- Miles is working on Pigeon, to get it working on stage by the end of the week
Splitting out collector (Antenna)
- (miles, relud, willkg): Daniel and Miles have got a good theory for the "no configuration at startup" issue tracked in bug #1342619. Miles is going to look into AMI creation.
- (miles, willkg): We've been working on getting Pigeon going with Antenna on -stage using the ops s3 bucket. This spans a few bugs: bug #1344037 covers monitoring, bug #1336267 covers setup and configuration, and then we've got some issues in the GitHub issue tracker.
- (willkg): Extracted all the crash ids from one of the load tests last week and verified that all crashes made it to s3. Yay!
- (miles, mbrandt, willkg): Finished up dataloss analysis. Summary is that Antenna does fine even under load, but may lose crashes during a deploy or scaling down. We alleviated those two scenarios somewhat. Last data loss analysis pass had a 99.99995% success rate (32 out of 613786 didn't make it). More details in bug #1348881.
We're now done with Phase 1 (figure out node configuration, autoscale configuration, load test, and establishing the circumstances Antenna loses data and reducing them).
Now we're working on Phase 2 where we hook up Pigeon (listens to S3 PUT events and adds crash ids to RabbitMQ queue), then switch Antenna -stage to use the webeng S3 bucket, then swap the current Socorro collector out for Antenna in -stage.
- current status
- (Adrian) removed deprecated Products service today
- (Adrian) working on removing the middleware
- about 4 services to remove
- about 4 services to move to the django webapp
- (Adrian) extracted the Super Search Fields list from prod into my local ES
- (Adrian) tested and fixed it for indexing, made an ES5-compatible mapping file (bug 1342083)
- (Adrian) tested website with ES 5.1 and data imported from prod, fixed an issue
- (Adrian) I *think* I'm done with this :)
- mbrandt Failing test build due to Seamonkey. Test suite cleanup pr coming soon, speed up the tests.
- Q end is coming, update your goals, talk to lonnen if they're not done
- (peterbe) to file a bug to gracefully remove SeaMonkey
- lonnen in TOR now, back next week, AFK at another work week on 4/10 + 4/11
- willkg might be out friday (march 31st), but might timeshift his work.