Triaging mentored and good first bugs
- One of the goals of rummaging through these bugs is to make sure the list of bugs is current.
- Another goal is to see if unassigning inactive bugs is helpful, as it may "free" the bug for a new person to work on it.
What we'll do
- Pick a query - click on it to open up a list of bugs!
- Sort the query you're looking at by last changed date.
- Look through the oldest bugs first.
- Ask assignees or mentors for more info if you need information from them.
- Make sure that bugs have useful whiteboard tags for the programming language(s) needed, for example, [lang=css][lang=js][lang=xul].
- Unassign bugs, remove good first bug or mentored tags if responses show that's what's needed.
- Ask on irc on #bugmasters if you're not sure what to do on a bug!
Clearing older bugs
- Check bugs that were triaged in the past, and have an open needinfo: 
- For these bugs, if there hasn't been any response from a needinfo, you should ask someone else, either the bug mentor or some other developer on a relevant team.
- You may want to set the bug assignee back to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that a new person can take the bug.
Sign up to triage one of these!
[good first bug] Bugs not touched since 2013-02-01 ( Bugzilla report )
- List of inactive good first bugs in Core (that haven't been changed in the last 2 months) (111+) (down to 65) (July: 44)
- List of inactive good first bugs for Firefox (27+) (now down to 0)
- Triagers: lizzard, tiziana
- List of inactive Toolkit good first bugs (26) (July: all bugs are still valid only 8 needinfo flag setted )
- Triagers: tiziana
- inactive Thunderbird good first bugs (15) (July: now down to 3)
- Calendar (17) (now down to 10)
All open bugs
Current New bugs tagged as [good first bug] with status NEW or REOPENED
The same good first bug report on Bugzilla, where each number is linked to a query.
Current bugs marked with "mentor" field
All bugs changed in July
All [good first bugs] that changed status to resolved in July.