Third IRC meeting: Tuesday, February 28th, 2006 at 19:00 GMT
The log is available as usual.
- One week after the 2.16.11, 2.18.5, 2.20.1 and 2.22rc1 releases, only one regression has been reported, affecting 2.20.1 and 2.22rc1: "unable to log in the very first time on a new installation when using the login form on the homepage". This bug, which was due to a regression from one of our security bugs, has been fixed. This makes us think that we don't need a second release candidate for 2.22, and so we expect to release 2.22 final in two weeks (around March 15, 2006).
- Due to the lack of download stats, we don't know if nobody reported another regressions because there are none or because very few people downloaded our latest releases. Let's hope that's because there are none.
- 2.16.11 was probably our last release on the 2.16 branch, as we will stop support for this branch together with the release of 2.22 in two weeks.
- mkanat is working on killing both data/versioncache and globals.pl, our first two tasks of our roadmap. Some work has been done already, but he is now blocked by the way Auth.pm works. He is working on it. He thinks versioncache should be completely dead during the second half of April.
- No progress has been done about removing deprecated DB routines though.
- The actual home page (index.cgi) seems to be pretty useless for everyone, especially for advanced users, i.e. it contains no useful information. gandalf will work on it.
- We keep crashing when creating a product/component which existed in the past and which has been deleted meanwhile, because Series.pm tries to insert duplicated entries into the DB. We suggested to offer an option to either remove series data from the DB when the product/component is removed, or store it in another table, for instance as a CSV file. This way, you can decide whether you want to keep product history or not. karl will work on it.